rock removal ideas?

/ rock removal ideas? #51  
For you people that are looking to get rid of rocks what ever size they are. There is a machine out there that does pick up all the debris you would want to get rid of. This machine leaves sand behind creating perfect arena footing or base material needed for horses or farm land.
Check it out at Ridorock.com

/ rock removal ideas? #52  
we used the bucket method, take one 5 gallon bucket, fill with rocks, take bucket dump bucket on wagon, when wagon is full take shovel and scoop out rocks til empty. thats a low tech way and cheapest way to do it. but thats a sweaty and back breaking way to do it. when i was a kid i had 3 sisters and 2 brothers and there were always rocks to pick up after spring plowing and thats how we did it, and used the rocks for road beds, filled gullies, and fill. but i sworn i'd never pick up those #$% rocks when i grew up and i never have. there are rock pickers out there and if you got the bucks buy one, other wise, get yourself a nice bucket.

/ rock removal ideas? #54  
... before the sand footing is put down the rocks have to be picked up. I tried windrowing with a york rake with limited success as I didn't want too much down pressure since that would dig into the surface and we want to keep it compacted...

Try a rock hound attachment for a skid steer. Call your local rental yard to check pricing.

/ rock removal ideas? #55  
Where we live it " rains rocks " and they grow really fast. The best method I have found is to pick them up by hand. Now that I have the FEL I can fill it up and dump them in to a sink hole.

/ rock removal ideas? #56  
A good tool for picking up smaller rocks (anything beats bending over!) is a bedding fork. The tines have a spacing of about an inch or less IIRC.
image.php

/ rock removal ideas? #57  
I had a custom bucket made with 1" perforated steel. It sorta of become a Rock colander.

It works amazing. When I take anything to the land fill they charge by the pound. As I was always doing clean up the bucket would always scoop up some sand along with the rock/debris. Now I scoop it up with the perforated bucket and the sand falls through only leaving the debris.

They have rock buckets you can get or you can also get an old bucket and cut enough doles in it to do the same thing.

/ rock removal ideas? #58  
Wow, this thread was started 10 1/2 years ago.………and people are still using the bucket method. Glad we don't have rocky pastures here!!

/ rock removal ideas? #59  
Hi, I own a rock removal business called "Arena Rock Doc." I specialize in removing rock the size of cantalope down to 3/8's of an inch. I have a special rock screener that I pull behind my tractor. Check out my website for a better discription, pictures and video. Home Page

Thanks, Pete