Where can I buy 300 feet of geotextile cloth?

/ Where can I buy 300 feet of geotextile cloth? #1  

Kyle_in_Tex

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4310,JD5420
I live near Austin and I'm about to build a 300' gravel road from scratch. I want to lay down 12 foot wide geotextile cloth. Anyone with any recommendations?
How much should I expect to pay?

Kyle

/ Where can I buy 300 feet of geotextile cloth? #2  
I paid fifty cents a square yard the other day. But that was for a partial roll. Whole roll which is five hundred feet I believe would be thirty five to forty cents I was told. I bought mine from a friend who has a soil engineering firm. But he's in Plano, TX.

I'd guess a landscape supply would have it.

/ Where can I buy 300 feet of geotextile cloth? #3  
Kyle check with Agri Drain. They offer quantity discounts. 1-800-232-4742

/ Where can I buy 300 feet of geotextile cloth? #5  
Check with the same place you're going to get the stone.
Don't recall the price but they just threw it on the truck on top of the first load. The guy actually helped me lay it out.

/ Where can I buy 300 feet of geotextile cloth?
Thanks guys, I'll give them a call...Kyle

/ Where can I buy 300 feet of geotextile cloth? #7  
Kyle,

Try quarries, they might not sell the product but they might know who does. I bought mine from a company that sells mulch, gravel, sand, etc., as well as rents equipment.

The material I bought was 360 feet long on the roll and 12.5 feet wide. It was $300 if I remember correctly. He would sell me by the foot if that is what I needed and the price was the same for a couple feet of material vs the whole roll.

One word of adivce, get the driveway as flat and clean as possible. Even a little stick will tent the fabric up. This makes it real easy to hit with a FEL or box blade. Once gravel is on this stuff you don't won't it pulled up. I also would use ABC. You need gravel with lots of fines. Cleaned/washed gravel will just roll around like marbles and won't like into place. ABC is almost like concrete once it has been rained on. I put in fabric and and ABC when I built my drive a few years ago. The house is being built now and I have had timber trucks, material trucks, dump trucks, dozers, backhoes, brick trucks, and the contractors comming and going. The drive is in great shape. The road leading to the driveway needs to be graded again.

Geotextile and ABC works. I just bought ABC for about $8.30/ton. It jused to be about $7.50/ton. Guess fuel prices are hitting them hard.

Later,
Dan