generator deal

/ generator deal #1  

varmint

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B8200, then a Kubota L3130 HST, now a Kubota L3400 HST
I just happened upon a good deal at my local Home Depot (Baltimore County) last Sat.- a stack of Porter Cable BSI 5250 W 10 hp generators, marked at $500 that they had just gotten in the night before. Two were gone, according to the staff, who had no idea why they were marked down, since they have been in super-scarce supply; I bought the third. I had been thinking about getting one these, and knew they sold for $650 and up, via` the internet. I went back Monday, to get another one for a friend who's been looking, and took the last one. What was interesting is they had all been built, in Tenn., on Oct. 7, 2004. Looks like generators, at least, are moving right thru the economy quickly- one week from factory to retail floor.

/ generator deal #2  
I'm sure that the factories have been pumping them out since all of the hurricanes. Perhaps they overproduced?

/ generator deal #3  
Wasn't remanufactured by any chance. The generators in WNY were pulled right off the shelf about 6 weeks ago and I don't think they replaced all of them even yet

/ generator deal
Nope- they were brand new units. Lowe's has had some other generators, as had the Depot- just more money for about the same thing. They were low on stock/out after the first round of hurricanes, but some trickled in recently. Now comes the hard part: the transfer switch/panel and the wiring. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ generator deal #5  
Yep apparently the storms were a windfall (no pun intended) for the generator industry. Here in Central KY Lowes has just got in some, the shelves went vacant right after the first hurricane, said they sent them south.

I expect the chainsaw and shingle manufacturers did well too.

Ben

/ generator deal #6  
Just bought a new pole saw for the snowmobile club. Dealer was unsure if he would be able to get one because most shipments were being diverted south.