building a guest house - almost done

/ building a guest house - almost done #1  
Tractor
Kubota B7800
I've been working on this thing for over a year now - finally close to finished, still have some trim work to do. Glad it's almost over.

Attachments

• 644319-1guesthousesend.jpg
    644319-1guesthousesend.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 647
   / building a guest house - almost done #2  
Wouldn't happen to be made of papercrete, would it? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ building a guest house - almost done #3  
Doug that is nice work. I hope to see more as things continue to progress. I presume the artwork on the wall is some of your original work too. Your website it pretty cool too. We hired a muralist to paint all 4 walls of a 2 story foyer with dogwoods, bamboo and flying egrets, all glazed over to make it look like its in a fog. The work people like you do is simply astounding to me. I tip my hat to you.

/ building a guest house - almost done #4  
That's not quite right Doug, you need more practice. I have some land in Bowie that you can try again on. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
So where is that little jewel? Nice work.

/ building a guest house - almost done #5  
I love the work.

My grandfather was an artist. As was my mother and one of my aunts.

Again, I do love your work.

/ building a guest house - almost done
Howdy Y'all - thank you for the kind words. No this one (in Denison Texas, not all that far from Bowie in fact) isn't papercrete although the main house on this property will be. A lot of this house is built out of the trees that I cleared from the land it's sitting on. My wife and I are big fans of recycling everything - shredding limbs for mulches - we even have waterless composting toilets which eliminated the need for septic systems.
Alternative building methods are a lot of fun but this guesthouse is pretty much a standard stick frame, other than it's superinsulated with something similar to papercrete - (shredded paper and boric acid) it isn't much different from anything else. Yep. the art on the walls is the stuff my wife wouldn't let me sell - mostly mine but we have a few pieces from various artists who have shown in our Gallery.
This board was a great idea - often people like us who live out in the country don't get to have much contact with the rest of the world, after reading a lot of the posts here at tractorbynet I felt a real kinship.

/ building a guest house - almost done #7  
This is one of the great places on the internet.

If you scroll down to "meetings and get togethers" you will see what happens to TBN'rs who live in Tejas. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The fourteenth I'll be in Ambrose helping a real lady celebrate a real ninieth birthday. Just a whisper away from you.

I'm trying to stir up interest in another fall thing but this time at Eddie Walkers in Tyler with a friend of mine demonstrating log preparation for log home building.

But the fall is a whole summer away. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ building a guest house - almost done
sounds like fun - keep me posted