Just Busy... Deck, garden and bluegrass..time.

/ Just Busy... Deck, garden and bluegrass..time. #1  

theboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HST
Well, I'm finally building a deck on the house, especially since the insurance company was upset at the sliding glass doors and now steps (60" to the ground).

It's a 12X24 free standing deck using deck blocks. So far just lining it all up. It's great since I don't have to dig post holes or mess with concrete....sometimes I wished I had, there's 30 of them deck blocks and each as a 4x4 about 45-48" long....
Maybe I'll post a pic.

Garden. What garden is the better statement. I tilled the winter wheat under and then it rained, rained and rained some more. Now it's nice and dry and I'm working on that deck... I know one evening and I can get the garden out.

Bluegrass. First festival is next week and my 5er is dirty, needing a good cleaning and the water thank flushed, did I mention I'm building a deck?

Besides the 40 hour day job I do 3 hours of recording radio shows which takes about 8 hours per week to record, label and ship to all the affiliates (KY, WV, TN, IL, NC, FL). Did I mention I'm building a deck?

Who's got sometime I can borrow for about 2 weeks?

/ Just Busy... Deck, garden and bluegrass..time. #2  
I'm finally building a deck on the house, especially since the insurance company was upset at the sliding glass doors and now steps (60" to the ground).

How and why does the insurance company know or care about your steps or door? I don't understand.......

/ Just Busy... Deck, garden and bluegrass..time.
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I'm finally building a deck on the house, especially since the insurance company was upset at the sliding glass doors and now steps (60" to the ground).

How and why does the insurance company know or care about your steps or door? I don't understand....... )</font>

We recently switched to State Farm and when they saw the pictures of the house with a sliding glass door, well off the ground, it's an accident waiting to happen (25 years and none yet), but I'm guessing for escape in case of fire (it's the only door on the back of the house and on that level).

/ Just Busy... Deck, garden and bluegrass..time. #4  
Ever insurance co. around here come out and look at homes when you first take out a policy

/ Just Busy... Deck, garden and bluegrass..time. #5  
Mine had a concern too. My parents had the house built in 74. The basement is at ground level in the back and the back door for the main level is a story higher than the basement. The folks never got around to building that back porch. This winter I had a deck built. It is 30x30 with a staircase on the back and an inclined walkway or ramp on the side of the house that ties in from the front driveway. The walkway goes around the back to the deck. The whole framework is steel with an elevated slab for the deck. I'll try and post some pictures. We are getting patio furniture for it now. The added benefit to this is that I can park two pickups under the deck with plenty of clearance for height and width. I am having a problem though with condensation dripping on the pickups and making a mess. Have not put a ceiling under it yet. Will have to install some lights first.

Well it's been a while. The baby is due any second... Doc says he'll put her in the hospital if she don't go into labor by July 5.

The Deck. 12X24 free standing, it's closer. I need about 6 boards and she's completely decked, just need to add the ol' railing and steps.

The Garden. Well, I got a late start. Between my being gone and working on a deck and baby room the weeds are once again winning. I laid her out so I could run my tiller, and use my culitvator in it a couple of times before it got too big...well that ol' tractor tire episode didn't help matters (tractorless for 2 weeks). Hopefully, I can get her weeded out in the morning.

Heck maybe a pic of the deck too.

/ Just Busy... Deck, garden and bluegrass..time. #7  
A similar issue with the patio door except it's about a 10 ft drop to good old mother earth. The inspector just made me install a block in the door so that it would open no more than three inches. Now everyone is happy and I can build a deck on my time frame.

She's here...
July 6, 2005 MaKaleigh Rose McCarty makes her first out of mommy experience! Pics.. soon.

BO-DADDY!!

Just busy /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Just Busy... Deck, garden and bluegrass..time. #9  
Congratulations on the new little one! Many more happy momments to come /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif (along with the not so happy ones also.....teenagers /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif)