Impenetrable Gloves for Briar & Multiflora Rose

/ Impenetrable Gloves for Briar & Multiflora Rose #1  

Haoleguy

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 5325; Landini Mistral 50
My dishpan hands need help. I have now tried 2-3 of the new super-duper work gloves during my brush clearing...the brush is winning. Autumn/Russian Olive spikes, multiflora rose and briar thorns are penetrating my new gloves when I move this brush to a pile or a wood chipper. It seems that my older torn and worn cowhide does the best. Any glove suggestions that will give good hand protection for these plant types?

/ Impenetrable Gloves for Briar & Multiflora Rose #2  
I use Wolverine driving gloves. No, they're not brier proof, but but they would be wonderful for driving that new tractor and brush hog you want. Time to have a family meeting with the missus and take the plunge! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What tractor do you have in mind?

/ Impenetrable Gloves for Briar & Multiflora Rose
have_blue - After much deliberation I felt the Kubota M6800 and JD 5325 were what I was after. Kubota deliveries were far out into August whereas the JD was June. I also felt for these models the ergonomics, for my size and shape, attachment changeovers, and dealership considerations gave JD the advantage. For price the Kubota had the edge by $3K. The local financial advisor gave me the green light. I ordered it ~1month ago and it actually came in early about 10 days ago. We are waiting on the BH which is due in on Tuesday. The MX5 will be the rotary cutter. The tractor has 3 sets of hydraulics upfront for potential future grappler use. The grappler would minimize flesh punctures from brush using inadequate gloves. But for the time being gloves are needed and thus the search continues.

/ Impenetrable Gloves for Briar & Multiflora Rose #4  
Look through these gloves.
I think the duty gloves would work well and aren't too bulky.

edit: the page link didn't come through the first time. Here's the homepage, choose products and choose gloves from the drop-down menu.
ACES

/ Impenetrable Gloves for Briar & Multiflora Rose #5  
I used to use my old set of welder's gloves, they were pretty impenetrable, if a bit awkward at times, really saved my hands. I have tons of hedgeapple trees and wild rose on my property, sharpest thorns I've ever met!

/ Impenetrable Gloves for Briar & Multiflora Rose #6  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Look through these gloves.
I think the duty gloves would work well and aren't too bulky.

edit: the page link didn't come through the first time. Here's the homepage, choose products and choose gloves from the drop-down menu.
ACES )</font>

Look what I found. I bet these would work!

ACES Rabies Gloves - CHOOSE A NEW PRODUCT CATEGORY

These gloves feature an elkhide hand, lined with Kevlar, and a double-layer of leather extending over the back of the hand for bite protection. Heavily padded gauntlets extend to elbow for full forearm protection. Offers high manipulability with full protection throughout.

- Kevlar-lined elkhide hand
- Hand Bite Shield
- Great for Dogs, Wildlife

I need some of those when my grand kids come for a visit. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Impenetrable Gloves for Briar & Multiflora Rose #7  
I had a head slap moment on this subject a few days ago while running a rented chipper. I have gone through several pairs of gloves, finding them little protection and/or torn up very quickly while working in my brush.

Like the other poster, I got out an old pair of my welding gloves, and had zero puntures and the gloves look barely the worse for the wear. They are heavy, clumsy, and hot, but they protect your hands.

/ Impenetrable Gloves for Briar & Multiflora Rose #8  
I too have used the welder's gloves, but they are not very comfortable after a few hours of grabbin brush. Then I "borrowed" my son's firefighting gloves one day and they are a lot more comfortable and are still pretty tough. Look at them here