Pond Renovation/Remake

/ Pond Renovation/Remake #1  

DannyD

Veteran Member
Tractor
BX 23
Well, the liiner did not go back down, even after cutting the part that was set in stone...........so out with the old and......

Attachments

• 688854-100_1426.JPG
    688854-100_1426.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 1,088
   / Pond Renovation/Remake
This fellow did not like the idea of a new home, he left shortly after this photo. He had been a resident for quite some time

Attachments

• 688855-100_1425.JPG
    688855-100_1425.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 709
   / Pond Renovation/Remake
The start of the "new" pond area. That backhoe on the 23 is well paid for itself in this and a couple other ponds I have dug for friends. The only concern I have right now is the stone wall that caused all the problems. Wife wants it kept, but I have to get the new liner under it. So far it has not moved.

Attachments

• 688856-100_1431.JPG
    688856-100_1431.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 627
   / Pond Renovation/Remake
The new pond area is taking shape, if I get approval from the wife on what I have done so far, I am down to final shaping and leveling. Going to side it with newpapers and backing, then put in the liner. A new pump will provide a "creek" into the pond from between the new "hill" and the old one.

Attachments

• 688859-100_14301.jpg
    688859-100_14301.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 567
   / Pond Renovation/Remake
The other inspector.........really wondering when the fish pond will be done, or when I will be off that orange thing to pet him. Milo, been around here for 13 years now.

Attachments

• 688860-100_1433.JPG
    688860-100_1433.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 548
   / Pond Renovation/Remake #6  
Danny,

Keep the pics coming. Small garden ponds with a nice rock waterfall are my favorite things in a garden.

Here's a pic of one I put in a house I owned about three years ago. I got the rock from a creek a friend gave me over several months. I think hauling the rock was the hardest part of the hole project.

Eddie

Attachments

• 688931-Picture 441 (Small).jpg
    688931-Picture 441 (Small).jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 580
   / Pond Renovation/Remake
Eddie, as with everything we see you do, that is super nice. Mine will not be that big, the pond place is saying 1000 gallon give or take a few. I am going 2.5 feet in the middle and shelves at 12 inches below water line, or that is what I am shooting for. The wife gave her final approval on the layout and size this morning, so I have been cleaning up the area to be under the liner. If all goes right next year there will be an arbor in a gazebo fashion around it.

I have a good friend that has a creek also, he provided the ones in the current pond. Any ideas on how to get my liner under that part? It is solid, and the flower bed around it is just now getting good, so dont want to disturb it.

/ Pond Renovation/Remake #8  
Danny,

I was wondering how you were going to seal the new liner with your current waterfall. My only thought was if you could pick the whole thing up, lay your liner under it, then lower it back down again.

Otherwise, since your creating a new pond, maybe it's time to make a new waterfall. You could bust up the old one easy enough with your backhoe, then start fresh again. Maybe make it bigger or put a ledge on it for more splash.

Eddie

/ Pond Renovation/Remake
going to try the lifting thing, if that works yippee! If not we will have to rebuild. In the mean time we are planning on a "creek" beside the rock wall, with a new pump and a filter box. We will still use the in water filter/fountain also.

The moving of the wall I will take a series of photos of....hope I dont screw it up!

/ Pond Renovation/Remake
Progress or start over........start over. Water fall gone thanks to Kubota and the wife having ideas. Better off starting over. I did get it lifted up to where we could have gotten liner under it, but started looking at my foundation that I put there.....too many sharp edges, any way long gone

Attachments

• 689962-100_1441.JPG
    689962-100_1441.JPG
    87.7 KB · Views: 401