Need storage shed plans.

/ Need storage shed plans. #1  

shaley

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford '92 2120
Does anybody have any plans for a 10 x 10, 8 x 10, or 10 x 12 storage shed. I need to build one soon and need some help. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Need storage shed plans. #2  
A storage shed would not have stopped my ex-wife. She would have sold the shed as well.
Go on the Internet and look up pole barns. They are the easiest and quickest to build. Basic building tools and skills needed. Take the plans they offer and reduce them down to meet your needs.

/ Need storage shed plans. #3  
I was looking at sheds at Costco and they have the assembly plans online. There's enough info there that you could do it yourself or pay them for the precut wood and all of the hardware...

Plans

Product Page

/ Need storage shed plans. #5  
For a shed of that size, I think it's really hard to beat the pre-packaged kits you get a the box stores or Sams. I've been really interested in the plastic one at SamsClub. Seems like it will last forever.

Once you start comparing what it costs to build out of wood, side it, roof it and finish it off, not to mention your time, they become a pretty good deal.

Eddie

/ Need storage shed plans. #6  
I think these Fast Framer kits look kind of cool.

Harbour Freight - Fast Framer Kit

You can buy multiple kits to make a bigger shed. The manual can be downloaded in Acrobat PDF too.

/ Need storage shed plans. #7  
Shaley,

How handy are you with a skill saw, hammer, and do you have any friends that can help you lift framing walls?

I had a local company come in (pre-tractor days), level an area, compact the sand, and pour a "floating" slab. I had them space anchors for the base plates, 16" on center. When the cement was cured, my wife and I built there rest of the shed (10'x12' footprint with 12/12 pitch roof (I live in VT and get significant snow load). I built my own rafters (simple design) and did all the work except the standing seam roof. I only had to get one good sized friend in for 1 day to set the walls, strap up the rafters, then sheet the roof while squaring up the rafters. The doors actually took more time than anything else. I'll try to find a pic.

Note, sideing is T1-11. Not my favorite choice but within the budget when built. The shed is now 4 yr.'s old and with all that "extra room", it was filled to the brim the 1st year /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Tom

Tom

Attachments

• 695510-Face on Resized.JPG
    695510-Face on Resized.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 539
   / Need storage shed plans. #8  
shaley,

Sorry, having trouble posting this second pic. This is a "side" view from above. So far (4 years now), no problems with 4' snow loads. The T1-11 was not my 1st choice but it fit the budget.

Tom

Attachments

• 695525-From Garden Resized 3.JPG
    695525-From Garden Resized 3.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,251
   / Need storage shed plans.
Tom, Great pics. I like the Hosta garden as well. That is exactly what I'm looking for. I have about 4 sheets of T-111 left over from a project. Lots of 2x4's as well. just need some plans on how to cut. The Costco plans look pretty good.

/ Need storage shed plans. #10  
Shaley,

Thanks. If I had any plans, I'd scan them and post but, I really built the shed from some quick sketches. One thing I did that doesn't really show in the pic's is a 2' overhang in the back. "Eventually" I will build a tool storage cabinet under it for hanging up all the tall tools like pole saw, shovels, etc... For now I have a cartopper hung back there off a pulley.

If you like the Costco plans, I'd go with them. I don't think I kept a good record of the $'s I put into the shed. I probably could have saved $'s by using a kit but my wife and I had a good time working on it together. The hosta garden was our 1st garden project, again it was pre-tractor. There are two more gardens above that, and one out front. The hosta's were supposed to be thinned and many transplanted but will have to wait as they got away from us this year.

Tom