Keeping character, or restoring a pond

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #111  
I gotta tell ya harv, by the time I got to the end of todays post I was tired and sweating. Can you bottle up a little of that Texas energy drink you guys are using and send me some /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Nice job /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond
There are four pieces of inch and a half orange pipe going across to the north side from the south side.

There is also a three quarter inch pvc conduit going across to the north side for another light in the new wall.

We have six inch and a quarter orange pipes and three quarter inch conduit systems to each proposed column that will be in the middle of the basin area.

Then there are three 3/4 inch conduits to the new lights in the transition piece and another for the a proposed light as the transition goes around to the south side.

Yup, you'd think we were in the spagetti business.

Attachments

• 706944-DSC01309.JPG
    706944-DSC01309.JPG
    89 KB · Views: 365
Penetrating the new-old wall for the conduit on the north side was easy for me. I had someone else dig the tunnel.

Attachments

• 706945-DSC01314.JPG
    706945-DSC01314.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 318
Then the pipe was buried and we started forming the footing for the south wall where we want to move the temporary access road.

Attachments

• 706949-DSC01321.JPG
    706949-DSC01321.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 289
Tomorrow we'll lay five courses of twelve inch cinder (Halite) blocks for the south wall. Then maybe Friday we'll be able to relocate the access. It will be nice to be able to dig down to proposed grade and start laying out the columns and floor.

Attachments

• 706950-DSC01325.JPG
    706950-DSC01325.JPG
    84.1 KB · Views: 305
We had another good day today. It was hot, but there was a breeze so it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

We got the pipe in and we got the beam poured for the south wall where we can lay block and move the access.

You have to like good days.

Attachments

• 706959-DSC01331.JPG
    706959-DSC01331.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 345
   / Keeping character, or restoring a pond #117  
Harvey, what is all the conduit for? Geothermal? Highspeed internet? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Hello Don,

Customer saw a fountain system somewhere. He'd like to take advantage of some of the principles involved and have a fountain effect at the pond.

He's about as close to be as crazy as me as I've found in awhile. This is good that I recognized that.

So when he suggested he needed one of something I've put in two or three. He'll come up with something I can guarantee.

What we're considering right now is a bank of solenoids that control water lines. The water lines will be three eighths tubing and we'll be able to pull a bushel basket of them through one of those orange pipes.

The columns in the middle of the basin will be holding twelve to fifteen hundred pound granite boulders. I want them to appear to be floating. I'd also like to take advantage of his fountain idea and plumb the boulders for almost invisible holes that will be attached to the solenoids. That way the boulders will not only be appearing to float, they'll spit on occasion.

Then there's the lights beneath the boulders......

You get the idea. We might not know where we're going but we'll know our destination when we find it.

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #119  
Rather than using a fountain head, you're planning on just using tubing to get the same effect? The floating, spitting boulders sound awesome too. Is this a residential job?

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #120  
Harvey,

The floating boulders and fountain effect just brought this job from interesting to amazing!!

Eddie