Keeping character, or restoring a pond

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #121  
I can't stop giggling. Visions of a mini Dancing Fountains, like the Bellagio in Las Vegas, just came to mind... this project is totally out-of-control and I love it! Can't wait to see the final product. Great job, great thread Harv! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #122  
VIVA LASVEGAS!!! You Go Harv, It is most definately going to be KEWL!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #123  
I see where your heading now. There's that magic WOW to all your interesting projects. You got me excited!:)

Just think If you mount the boulders on the pivot points and have alternating fountains shoot off the side you could have dancing boulders.

That may be too much, (bet you envisioned it for a split second)..... besides a boat would come by and knock the whole thing down and you would have to just re-do it. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If possible, be sure to arrange a tour when we come in September.

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #124  
hmmmm..

A Texas group meeting at Harv's latest job site maybe?? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond
Hmmmmmmm, the craziness it contagious I see..... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

We are flying by the seat of our pants on this one. So it grows or shrinks as reality collides with creativity.

What is frustrating is some days we work hard and we get a ton of results. Then there are days like today when we work just as hard and the results just aren't there. We know we accomplished a ton, it just doesn't show.

Here's the south wall after we had the twelve inch blocks in place.

Attachments

• 707723-DSC01337.JPG
    707723-DSC01337.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 347
We're building this wall so we can move our access road to the floor of the pond.

Tomorrow we'll fill in the cavities, maybe even lay down another course of twelves.

As it is now the top of the twelves will be about thirty inches below the water line. We're going to play eights on top of the twelves. The round flat boulders will go above the twelves and be in front of the eights. So there really isn't any reason to have the pretty stones just for the fish to see.

But if we have a good day tomorrow, about like today, another good one, we'll be starting the reroute of the access road. Monday we'll complete it and start getting everything ready to do the floor. That's going to be real fun.

I needed to make some saddles or rings if you will for the sixteen inch columns that are going to hold the floating boulders.

Just needed a tool.

Attachments

• 707725-DSC01335.JPG
    707725-DSC01335.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 382
The guy who made this bender for me, Riley McMillan has left the Dallas area and is now living in Pennsylvania. He says it's about ten degrees cooler than Dallas. But don't let that fool you. He made the move for love. He wants to be close to his granddaughter.

Anyway if you're in that area and you have a newbie named Riley in town, be nice, make friends, he's a good one, and handier than a pocket on a shirt.

With his bender I can do up to four rings at a time.

(If you do find your new best friend is from Texas and goes by Riley don't believe a word he might say about a Harvey down home way)

Attachments

• 707732-DSC01334.JPG
    707732-DSC01334.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 363
Hmmmm I think we need to have a moderator look at this post. Real dancing boulders, customer will grin, and just maybe..............

Yeah, I think we need to have this post edited, quick! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #129  
txdon,
wroughtn_harv is an artist. And very inspiring. He makes these projects look so easy. Just like those TV home improvement shows.

wroughtn_harv,
Have you ever though of making videos? Or of submitting some projects to PBS? I'd bet they'd sell! And you know they would be watched!

I'm too old, too short, and well, a little too fat for the telley. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif