Keeping character, or restoring a pond

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #721  
Harvey,

The fence is looking good. You need to email me the address so I can go take some photos for myself. I definitely will be going to take photos when things are green.

I also want to take a few photos from distance to get the overall look after it is all done.

Great work and great idea. Glad the customer could see the uniqueness of this concept and get you to do it.

Bob

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond
I'll call you today Bob.

Yesterday I had an unpleasant conversation with the powder coater. No harsh words, just expressed disappointment. They've had the material for three weeks and we are still looking at the middle of next week before I get the stuff from them. Allegedly they ran out of the powder and it is being overnighted from Italy which takes about four days.

They have some of the material ready. But that material is one of the three patterns we are using. The patterns are mixed and we can't go forward without all three.

I am working on the gate. The handle of the basket is what is taking the time and effort. Imagine using four inch Rigid conduit to make a handle for the basket and you want it to looked like wrapped wood strips. It's one of those deals where the line between desired effect and effective method of achieving that effect is difficult to find. Right now we have over a hundred individual pieces that have to be assembled to make the handle for the sixteen foot wide and twelve foot high gate. That's without the flowers that will coming out of the basket.

Did I mention the handle is bent in an arc?