Keeping character, or restoring a pond

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #1  

wroughtn_harv

Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
I've been working on a project for the last couple of weeks that some of you might find enteresting.

I went to give the customer an estimate on a fence and ended up committing to saving a pond. In two weeks the customer has taken about three hundred pictures and I've taken about a hundred or so. So we've got lots of pictures.

It's a very unique and challenging project. And we're not doing it in a very conventional manner, surprise, surprise.

The first thing I saw was this.

Attachments

• 699286-s pictures one.JPG
    699286-s pictures one.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 3,037
   / Keeping character, or restoring a pond #3  
Hi Harvey,

In my mind I love the thought of restoring things, but I've also learned the hard way (expensive) that it's faster, cheaper and easier to tear it out and build new.

You always suprise me with the things you come up with, so I'm looking forward to you solutions to the resoration.

How about some more details. Size and material.

What's wrong with it? What does the owner want you to do?

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond #4  
Harv,

Just spent an hour and could spend a day looking at your works! You truly are a gifted person to create the stuff you do. I envy your talents.

I love to build stuff of of iron also, but I lack your finese and ability.

Keep up the great work and thanks for sharing with TBN.

Ron

/ Keeping character, or restoring a pond
I'm glad you like the website. But I can't really take any credit for that. We have to blame that on a fellow TBN'r named Leo Frisk. He's the one that's responsible for the website and how it's set up.

It is amazing how many people go there and find something they like, again blame Leo. Earlier this month I was in a cafe on the square in Whitewright TX when out of blue a fella wanted to know if I was Harvey, Harvey Lacey. I confessed I was but didn't recall meeting him. It seems he'd found the website the night before and had spent an hour or so there. When he saw me there in the cafe he thought I looked like the guy on the website.

My buddy with me told my wife later he now understood why she said it wasn't safe to go out in the public with me. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Eddie this is one of those where I think it'll be cheaper and better to fix than replace. Plus the original builder was ecclectic and unconventional. I can walk in those shoes. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I've got two dvd's and a bunch of my own photos to go through to lay out the project from start to where we are now. Right now I'm on lunch break and then I'll be back out there after it at the shop.

The customer's pictures are all big big and need to be downsized. But as I get time I'll get to it.

This is picture of the work area and what I had to work with.

Attachments

• 699705-s pictures 7.JPG
    699705-s pictures 7.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 1,443
The area I was assigned for my materials and equipment looked quite organized peaceful before I set up camp.

Attachments

• 699708-s pictures 3.JPG
    699708-s pictures 3.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 1,186
A picture of the area just to the left of the last one. Once again, before I moved in and well, changed things. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Attachments

• 699711-s pictures.JPG
    699711-s pictures.JPG
    83.9 KB · Views: 1,007
There was also a real problem behind the wall.

Attachments

• 699714-s pictures 5.JPG
    699714-s pictures 5.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 1,221