Oxy-Acetelene bottle trolley

/ Oxy-Acetelene bottle trolley #1  

Rgillard

Silver Member
Tractor
Fiat 82-94
Hi guys,

I just got set up with oxy-acetelene this weekend. It will be mainly used for cutting. I need to make a trolley to keep the bottles upright and prevent them from falling over and turning themselves into a torpedo. It will also leave it easy to move about. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips before I started. I was just going to copy one of the simple ones you see for sale but someone may have a better idea. Thanks for any advice .

Ronan

/ Oxy-Acetelene bottle trolley #2  
Rgillard, I bought one of these from harbor freight and it has worked out well for me... I'll post a pic of the finished product when I get home(hopefully I won't forget!!)

I am using the smaller bottles so I made a wooden insert to take up the extra space and divide the bottles from each other.
I also see the price on the cart has dropped from 42.99 to 36.99 , wonder if they'll refund me the difference /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gifhehe

/ Oxy-Acetelene bottle trolley #3  
Well I didn't forget but I did get side-tracked with some who was buying some old car parts , so I didn't get pics yet "sorry" /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Try again tomorrow...

/ Oxy-Acetelene bottle trolley #4  
OK finally got the pics of the bottles in the cart.

Attachments

• 743859-tanks (450 x 600).jpg
    743859-tanks (450 x 600).jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 221
   / Oxy-Acetelene bottle trolley #5  
The back is 3/4" plywood the bottom is 2x10 and the dividers are 2x8 pretty sure about those measurements... Holds bottles nice and snug.

Oh and the little tray in the back holds the striker and the torch and extra tips. the tray swings with the angle of the dangle /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 743863-tanks1 (450 x 600).jpg
    743863-tanks1 (450 x 600).jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 166
   / Oxy-Acetelene bottle trolley #6  
I'll second on using the HF cart. I can't fab one up for that price unless I had the parts "in stock".