My shop is under construction

/ My shop is under construction #1  

Tractors4u

Elite Member
Tractor
Deere 4310, Kubota L355, John Deere SST18 Spin Steer, 2006 Polaris Ranger
Earlier this year we closed on 16 acres of property. The new house was started back in July and now for the importatnt part. My new shop was started this past Friday. It will be a 40' X 60' shop. Actually a 40'X60' slab with 40'X40' fully enclosed. On one end there will be a 20' section that will be a roof only. That will allow me to park the tractor there when it is muddy or store things under cover without bringing them in the shop. It will have a 10' roll up door on the other end. I am going to stub it out for a 1/2 bath and a shop sink. They will insulate it and once the house is finished I will run electricity to it. The builder said it would take them 7 to 10 days to complete. I am thinking that they will have it finished by this Saturday.

Attached is a picture after the first day. Posts in the ground.

Attachments

• 767188-Resized_Shop Day 1.jpg
    767188-Resized_Shop Day 1.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,147
   / My shop is under construction
Start of the second day. The truss guy had an old 1 ton Chevy truck with a hoist on the back. He had to assembly the boom and it lifted the truss using a winch.

Attachments

• 767190-Resized_Shop Day 2 lift truss.jpg
    767190-Resized_Shop Day 2 lift truss.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 963
At the end of the day Saturday they had all of the trusses up.

Attachments

• 767193-Resized_Shop Day 2.jpg
    767193-Resized_Shop Day 2.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 872
I was thinking it was going to be too small until I pulled my truck in there. Seems roomy enough.

Attachments

• 767195-Resized_Shop Day 2 truck.jpg
    767195-Resized_Shop Day 2 truck.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 964
   / My shop is under construction #5  
Very interesting truss design. I was wondering if you were going to use wood and posts in the middle, or clear span the full 40 feet. Can you post a clear pic of one of the truss's?

I'd also like to see how they attached them to the poles if you don't mind. Those large spans just fasinate me!!!

Thanks for posting your project, I'm looking forward to your progress.

Eddie

I will swing by this afternoon and get a close up shot of one of the trusses. It will be a 40 ft clear span, no posts getting in my way! I will also try to get some shots of how they are attached to the posts. I am not sure of the size, but it looked like they were about 3/4" lag bolts they were used to fasten the trusses to the posts.

/ My shop is under construction #7  
Brent, my shop is 40X50 with a 15' awning on the 50' side. Shops are like tractors there maybe a day when you wished you went bigger.
Looks great so far.

/ My shop is under construction #8  
Ah - a metal truss, and you obviously don't have snow load where you are. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

--->Paul

Snow load? maybe a half inch.

And for Eddie Walker. Here is a close up of how the trusses attach to the post.

Attachments

• 767743-Truss Attachment.jpg
    767743-Truss Attachment.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 791
Truss peak.

Attachments

• 767744-Truss peak.jpg
    767744-Truss peak.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 701