Metal "T" Posts

/ Metal "T" Posts
Re: Metal \"T\" Posts

It's originally off of an old 10' satelite dish, I had this thing laying around the shop for years and thought I should be able to use it for something...lol. I put it on the back of the bucket so I could see it from the tractor seat. I'm thinking if I get it started, then I can finish it from the tractor. Another fellow suggested a magnetic post level. I may see if I can find one and give it a try. As for safety I would never get under a fel or ask anyone else to do so either.

Attachments

• 785041-T post driver.jpg
    785041-T post driver.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 204
   / Metal "T" Posts #12  

<font color="blue"> "wearing only flip-flops and gym shorts" </font>

Did you look closely? They could have been steel-toed safety slaps. I have a pair that I wear all the time, but it's the Smilax vines that rip my legs open. I guess that's the fault of my gym shorts, not the flip-flops. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I agree with the hand post driving method. Around here in the Florida sand the only thing to slow you down is a root, so they usually go in without much argument. I can see how other areas might use a different method.

As for the pain the next day, take your aspirin or Ibuprofen an hour before you work. It's amazing how it keeps pain away even better than it removes it later.

- Just Gary

/ Metal "T" Posts #13  

If you want nice straight fence lines, start with each corner. Then pull a line tight between them a few inches off of the ground. Park the loader and grab your post pounder and some buddies for back up. Set your posts as close to the string as you can without hitting it. I know it's hard to keep them perfect. Once set, follow up with a level and a tug on the post to plumb.