Pole barn interior wall

/ Pole barn interior wall #11  
Never had any vision problems in our pole barn that's finished with OSB with the fluorescent lighting. I consider it to be well lit. We used 4 eight foot double fluorescents for a 24X36 barn. And if you need more light you can always add more tubes it's a pretty simple solution.

Plus if you ever need access to the wall cavity you'll thank yourself for using OSB and deck screws on the walls.

Buck I really do like the looks of your wood though.

/ Pole barn interior wall #12  
If OSB appears dark, paint will take care of that problem. I have seen it painted with a high gloss white paint and it looks great. You actually have to look closely at the OSB to make sure that it is OSB because the white gloss hides the chip patterns.
Farwell

/ Pole barn interior wall #13  
<font color="blue"> I thought I might eventually put some kind of light colored paneling on the OSB . How likely that is to become reality is another subject. </font>
<font color="#666666"> If I was going to panel it I'd just panel it and forget the OSB.
Why pay for 2 walls when you only need one. </font>

/ Pole barn interior wall #14  
I have Twelve Eight foot fluorescent fixtures ( with two 110 watt bulbs in each of them) in My garage , placed by using a software program the electrical supplyI elected to use and still find the OSB to be dark.

My walls have 2x6 studs. OSB was used because I did not want to paint. If I were doing it over , I probably would do as You and drywall the ceiling. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Panelling alone doesn't make for a good surface to attach fixtures & pegboard to in My opinion, It also looks better when attached to a flat surface such as drywall or OSB . Of course that is just My opinion .

/ Pole barn interior wall #15  
My shop is built of with SIP so the inside walls and roof are OSB. I sprayed it white before the lights went up and with the flourescent lights in the ceiling, no issues with lighting. Before it was painted, it did seem very dark as if the OSB absorbed what light there was, maybe the rougher surface of the OSB comes in to play in that situation?

/ Pole barn interior wall
I wonder if the combination of OSB and drywall is still cheaper than the 0.61 cents/sq-ft?

/ Pole barn interior wall #17  
It might be cheaper if you keep an eye on the prices. Sheetrock and OSB are pretty high right now due to all the weather problems in the South. I check out the prices of each about every two weeks and hope to catch it at a low so I can stock up.
Farwell

/ Pole barn interior wall #18  
Im in the process of finishing the inside of my barn. It will be used for work, storage and entertaining. I was thinking about finishing the first four feet up with steel and the upper half in rough cut pine boards. I figure the wood will give it a warm feeling for entertaining with the luxury being able to hang things easily and the steel allows me to wash cars or power wash the floors without having to worry about getting the wood wet. Has anyone done this or seen this done before?

Does anyone have any other ideas and pics of what they did?

/ Pole barn interior wall
I like your idea. Sounds like it will look nice. Like you, I want more than a tool barn - I want to hang out and watch the wildlife and the wilderness from my barn windows.

With repect to hanging stuff, frankly, I think it would be easier from wood. I want to power wash the floor too. I layed a pressure treated 2x4 on the cement floor before putting the pine shiplap.

/ Pole barn interior wall #20  
The only problem that comes to mind is it's normally dusty when you have a project underway in a pole barn. Rough cut "anything" not only attracts dust but it is harder to clean once dirty.