Pole barn interior wall

/ Pole barn interior wall #1  

Buck

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 790 (2001)
I am using shiplap to side the interior of my barn. Here in upstate NY it runs about $0.61 per square foot. All people that I invite over really like the way it looks.

Attached is a photo.

Attachments

• 811751-barn.jpg
    811751-barn.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 3,434
   / Pole barn interior wall #2  
It looks great and the price is much better than I 'd expected. I bet it would look awesome on a ceiling as well!!!

Where did you buy it from? What type of store?

Eddie

/ Pole barn interior wall
Eddie,

Bought from a local, not national lumber store. Tried to find it elsewhere but couldn't. Lumber URL

I might use it on the ceiling too. It would be rather easy to lift.

/ Pole barn interior wall #4  
I'm going with wafer board much cheaper.
61 cents a square foot in 2 buildings is way to rich for my blood.

2880 square feet gets pretty pricey.

/ Pole barn interior wall #5  
LB,

I'm with ya on the OSB ...... the shiplap is certainly very beautiful ..... but it would cost me double of what OSB will.

/ Pole barn interior wall #6  
The only downside to OSB is that it is dark,even with good lighting although it can and has been painted. I have a garage finished with it that is 24x 46 with 14 foot ceilings.

It was installed with Deck screws in case I ever need to have access .

/ Pole barn interior wall #7  
tom,

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The only downside to OSB is that it is dark,even with good lighting although it can and has been painted. )</font>
Right. PineRidge's polebarn is done like that, with a drywall ceiling .... he's got fluorescent fixtures up and it really doesn't seem all that bad - I'm sure it's darker than drywall that's painted white but there seemed to be plenty light enough for me.

I'm planning on using deck screws as well too. for the OSB.

/ Pole barn interior wall #8  
Looks great. If you can afford it I'd go with it. You'll probably not like the OSB and then fuss with it, painting it or drywalling over it. By the time that's done the time and $ might be more than just going with your first choice.

I have OSB in my barn (the inside of my SIPs) and it is definitely not something to look at. I'll finish it with drywall over time.

/ Pole barn interior wall #9  
I used OSB on the ceiling as well, after I used 1x4 strips attached to the trusses. The reason I did not use drywall was the hassle of priming and painting it on a 14 foot ceiling.

Using 1x4 strips do make for a good looking job as You can shim them to hide defects in the trusses and wall studs.

I thought I might eventually put some kind of light colored panelling on the OSB , How likely that is to become reality is another subject. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Pole barn interior wall #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( The only downside to OSB is that it is dark,even with good lighting although it can and has been painted. I have a garage finished with it that is 24x 46 with 14 foot ceilings.

<font color="red"> It was installed with Deck screws </font> in case I ever need to have access . )</font>
::::::::::::::::::::::::;
<font color="red">Try that with plaster board. </font>
My 30 x 50 has OSB on the exterior walls covered with vinyl siding, therefore the interior is already OSB which I don't find it to be dark inside.
Most Garages aren't covered with anything on the inside walls so the interior is either osb or plywood. I've never seen any problem with any of them being to dark inside due to plywood or OSB

There are lots of dwellings with darker paneling than OSB and they're not dark inside.Also what about dark red green brown etc. metal sided buildings. How in the world could OSB be darker inside than them.

12 years ago I enclosed a 24x20 carport with OSB with nothing on the inside.
There are no windows in this and the OSB don't make it dark in there.
I stained the out side with cedar stain a couple of times and the sob is holding up very well and it's a nice looking building.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
MY FIRST CAR http://chevy.tocmp.com/chevyscrapbook/files/kamp50.jpg
OUR FIRST CAR http://www.hubcapcafe.com/ocs/pages01/chev6003.htm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~