Ideas on framing out a "step" inside shower stall?

/ Ideas on framing out a "step" inside shower stall?
Re: Ideas on framing out a \"step\" inside shower stall?

Another thought just hit me...

I might be able to put a support in FRONT of the bolt holes, instead of behind them (as viewed in website pic).

I DO want to try to support it, if nothing else, just because I'm **** about things like that /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif. I hadn't looked to see if a 2x4 would work between the mounting holes and the front of unit, as opposed to back! Guess I know what I'll be doing tonight.

/ Ideas on framing out a "step" inside shower stall? #22  

Excessive water through a septic is bad. Stirs up the lighter particles and sends them into the drainfield filter at the tank outlet, clogging it and causing a septic backup. Or worse still, particles make it on into the drainfield and clog up the passages into the earth forcing a drainfield replacement.

/ Ideas on framing out a "step" inside shower stall?

I just now called Grohe about the mouting ears and how they suggest mounting...

I also fessed up to him about me taking out the restrictors in all the shower heads (1 head, 3 body sprays & 1 hand held)

Long story short, he said for various reasons (which he got into), I don't want to do that and it's a bad idea.

I felt he was being very straight and so decided to take his advice. I then pointed out that I myself removed them, BROKE two of them (2 of the 3 body sprays restrictors) and even at that, I think my wife tossed them all away.

He said no problem, all I need is your name/address and I'll just send you some replacements!!! (no charge, even though it was MY doings)

I thought that was very good PR on their part. When the parts arrive, I'll put them back.

That will take a signficant portion of my waterflow out of the program. Interestingly enough, he brought up one of the very points that was brought up above...

"X sized water heater less approx 50% hot water at rate of..." and you're stuck with a 5 minute shower before "cold reality" sets in! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

I told him since we're on a well, our cold water is COLD and as such, my experience has been I probably use more like 75% hot water to 25% cold and even if those specific numbers aren't right, the theory is, so my shower could be even shorter.

Slowly but surely it's all coming together!