No more three-point mowing deck for me!

/ No more three-point mowing deck for me! #11  
One of our lawnmowers butted me a month ago and left a bruise on my leg. If he does it again soon we will have some mutton I think! Hasn't thrown any rocks yet but does leave pebbles all over!

/ No more three-point mowing deck for me! #12  
I too use a flail mower to mow my 10 acre field as well as I hire myself out to mow fields for people who want their field kept clean. Last summer I was mowing my neighbors field for her as a favor (she's widowed and is on fixed income), but before her husband died he used to use the field to practice his golf swing. Well, I was minding my own business with my headphones on listening to country music when suddenly I felt like I just got hit in the head with a rock...made me dizzy for a few seconds...stopped the tractor...looked around and found one of his old golf balls sitting on top of the grass I just mowed. Man, those things hurt! The only thing I figured happpened is that the blade struck it ( I mow rather close to the ground) causing it to ricochet off of the back tire and then the back of my head. The golf ball must have flown under the safety "chains" because there is no way it could have come from any other place. After figuring out what happened and resting for a minute (wanted to get my head clear before mowing again) I began to chuckle about it...Imagine somone watching this taking place? I'm glad she wasn't home to watch it, it would have bothered her some fierce. She's such a nice old lady...

Be cafeful all. Roger

/ No more three-point mowing deck for me! #13  
Roger -

Good lord, what are the odds of that golf ball smacking you on the noggin??!! Just goes to show you how careful we all have to be around our machines - and what can happen to us even when we ARE being careful!

Maybe you could add a football helmet to your list of safety gear. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Glad you're OK, and hats off to you for takin' one in the process of being such a good neighbor!

John