anyone heard of Novaline panel boxes?

/ anyone heard of Novaline panel boxes? #1  

woodsleeboy

Tractor
I'm in the process of running electrical service out to my shop. My house has 200amp service, therefore I want to run 100amp out to the shop. I was at the local electrical supply store today getting price and he told me that depending on what panel box I have I might not be able to get a 100amp breaker. I checked my box and it is a NOVALINE. I searched the net and cannot find anything at all for this panel. Can anyone tell me if they've worked with this make before, and whether or not I can get a 100 amp breaker

/ anyone heard of Novaline panel boxes? #2  
Woodsleeboy -

I just did some poking around, and it seems that Westinghouse (now Cutler-Hammer) breakers should be interchangeable with Novaline. Not sure if a 100-amp breaker is available from C-H, but maybe. I must say, that is ONE unusual brand of service panel!

John

/ anyone heard of Novaline panel boxes?
Thanks John. I'll look into that tommorrow. Yeah the guy who built this house did alot of unusual things. In my laundry room alone I have 13 junction boxes. I'm not even sure what some are for!! Thanks again

Ed

/ anyone heard of Novaline panel boxes? #4  
nova was westinghouse(canada) line of electrical service products.
i have one and have a 100 amp double pole breaker running my shop-even better, i'm in woodslee also!
i bought my breaker at canada salvage in st clair beach back in 1995. almost any of the electrical supply houses can sell a breaker to you for that panel. if in doubt take a seldom used breaker wth you so they can match it up as some panels changed over the years

teadave

/ anyone heard of Novaline panel boxes? #6  
The label "Nova" on my panel would make me nervous. Nova=exploding star