Basement Plumbing Question from non-plumber

/ Basement Plumbing Question from non-plumber #11  
Where i lived in Wisconsin, we had to have a licensed plumber come in to change out a kitchen sink. Same thing with Electric work, all work has to be done by licensed electricians.

/ Basement Plumbing Question from non-plumber #12  
I don't understand how the government can tell you what to do in your own home. How will anyone ever know who installed your kitchen sink or ran that light to your basement?

The idea of the government telling me I have to pay someone else to replace my kitchen sink rattles me.

/ Basement Plumbing Question from non-plumber
Nobody would know until possibly when you sold your home and a knowledgeable inspector spotted the work, IF they spotted it. If it is the buyer's inspector they may very well ask if this work was done to code and/or by permit. But the chances are slim I would imagine.

/ Basement Plumbing Question from non-plumber #14  
I don't think it is the government as much as it is individuals filing litigation, insurance companies and juries awarding big money because the insurance comapny is paying. Most Firemen in large Fire Departments are either certified or licensed building inspectors. Have an incident and let one classify the incident as --- faulty --- plumbing-electrical installation and see how fast insurance companies can run. So, that electrical connection to the basement could cost a great deal. Providing verbal information on how to do something can also leave one liable. I like the USA (Us Sue ALL).

/ Basement Plumbing Question from non-plumber #15  
Please do not "pump" directly into the septic tank. By injecting sewerage with high energy into a conventional septic tank you create turbulance. This then can then put into solution undesirable solids that may find their way out of the outlet tee, and into your leaching field. Their are effluent filters such as the Zabel filters which help prevent such escape of solids and semi floatables such as seeds, but even these need to be checked every 6 months. Usually we pump indirectly to remove as much surcharge and energy from the flow. Speak to a local plumber/engineer with knowledge in code in your area before adapting your septic.

Dave

/ Basement Plumbing Question from non-plumber #16  
Doesn't that really depend on the "how's and where's" moreso than a don't do that statement?