Millermatic 350/350P mig welder

/ Millermatic 350/350P mig welder #12  
OK, I'm no welder. I've always said I can stick two pieces of metal together but if you want pretty, hire somebody.

Stopped by my friends house again tonight and ran a couple of beads on some ¼" stock and all I can say is, SWEET. This thing in the pulse mode makes one pretty bead even for a novice like myself.

I have to modify my statement about knowing where I'll be getting my welding done to I know where I'll be doing my welding. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Millermatic 350/350P mig welder #13  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Stopped by my friends house again tonight and ran a couple of beads on some ¼" stock and all I can say is, SWEET. This thing in the pulse mode makes one pretty bead even for a novice like myself. )</font>

Yea, but you know that the original question was "Is the 350/350P worth $1000 more than the 251". I believe the answer is still NO for the average hobbyist welder like 99.9% of those on TBN. Heck for $1000 you can go out and just about pay for a Miller 375 plasma cutter.

If your welding is a very steady diet of 1/2" thick or more steel and you want to run at 100% duty cycle or you run a professional welding shop then it's worth it. Otherwise save your money and get the 251 and buy something else with the savings.

/ Millermatic 350/350P mig welder #14  
I would buy the miller 210 for beginning welder purchase. If you need the 350p, your friend has it, and the 210 is about 1500 less.

In order to get the most out of a welder, you have to dial in the wright setting and the 210 has 7, instead of infinite. As far as a 1/2 inch in 1 pass, just because the welder is capable, doesn't mean you are going to get good penitration. You could make more than 1 pass with the 210 and weld 1/2 inch. Some poeple say they like the arce quality of the 210 over the 251 but I have never used the two machines side by side. What ever you get, it sure is a fun purchase!