confused

/ confused #1  

mudcat

Platinum Member
I don't understand why some threads are moved and others stay. It is supossed to be about tractor related projects yet, I see threads on welders, concrete specs, film on brick, angle drills, and basement plumbing. Then you see a thread moved because it wasn't tractor related. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'm not trying to start anything, I just don't get it.

/ confused #2  
Clayton, I doubt that anyone has enough time to read ALL the messages posted on TBN. So, yes, the "Projects" forum is supposed to be for tractor related projects. Other projects might fit better under the "Rural Living" or "Related Topics" forums. I can only speak for myself, of course, but I think the other moderators move threads, as I do, sometimes to the forum that we think will give it the most exposure and get the most responses if there are questions because we know not all members read all forums. Of course some "projects" may involve tractor work as well as welding, brick work, carpentry, plumbing, electrical, etc. Which forum would they fit best? Sometimes I'm not sure. And of course there are messages posted that I never get around to reading, and I would expect that to be true for the other moderators also, so sometimes we may miss something and not move a thread that perhaps should have been moved. If there's something specific that you don't understand, you can either click on the "notify moderators" button which sends an e-mail to all moderators, or you can send a private message to any of us and we'll try to answer any questions you have. It's not an exact science. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ confused #3  
Well, I for one, consider the "projects" forum to be more than just for tractor projects. It may not be the way it was intended but I like it.

/ confused #4  
It is simply labelled "Projects" so I see nothing "wrong" with posting other than tractor related projects there. If a moderator thinks something posted there would fit "better" somewhere else and get more exposure, it may be moved, but even if it's moved, it doesn't cost a nickel. When a thread is moved, it's usually (if not always) an attempt to help the poster get the result he/she wants, whether answers to questions or just to provide information to others.

/ confused #5  
I might be one of the worse offenders.

Some of my "Projects" have very little to do with tractors and end up being dozens of pages long!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eddie

/ confused #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( the "Projects" forum is supposed to be for tractor related projects )</font>

Poor wording on my part. I hope everyone knows that was just what I assumed; may not be what the other moderators thought or the TBN administrators' intent. At any rate, I think we all enjoy reading about each other's projects whether posted in the "Projects" forum or the "Rural Living" or "Related Topics" forums.