PTO generator vs. Stand Alone

/ PTO generator vs. Stand Alone #31  
Looks like a darned nice price on the genset. Did you buy the gasoline or LP version? If you bought the gasoline version go ahead and buy the LP conversion kit now so you'll have it when the time to switch comes. LP is so much better for periodic run with out carburetor disassembly.

The sound rating is given as some distance from the genset. They are a lot louder close up, especially with the covers opened. So, here's a tip; get and keep inside the cabinet a set of clamp on hearing protector muffs. The foam in the ear type doesn't keep enough sound out. With hearing protection it won't be painful to check the status of the unit while running. Which you'll do periodically. And, if you keep the muffs with your other power tools you won't use it.

/ PTO generator vs. Stand Alone #32  
Looks like a darned nice price on the genset. Did you buy the gasoline or LP version? If you bought the gasoline version go ahead and buy the LP conversion kit now so you'll have it when the time to switch comes. LP is so much better for periodic run with out carburetor disassembly.

The sound rating is given as some distance from the genset. They are a lot louder close up, especially with the covers opened. So, here's a tip; get and keep inside the cabinet a set of clamp on hearing protector muffs. The foam in the ear type doesn't keep enough sound out. With hearing protection it won't be painful to check the status of the unit while running. Which you'll do periodically. And, if you keep the muffs with your other power tools you won't use it.

/ PTO generator vs. Stand Alone
Did you buy the gasoline or LP version?

I got the gasoline one. We don't have the big propane tank installed yet.

I know where to buy the propane kit and will get it when the house is finished and I install the generator permanently.

I have a bad tendency to "buy ahead" and then have plan changes, etc. There is a lot of stuff in the garage I should never have bought.

Good idea on the ear muffs. I have a couple of extra pairs. Of course by the time I get this installed, it may be that all I have to do is turn off the hearing aid. And, no I don't need one now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ PTO generator vs. Stand Alone
Did you buy the gasoline or LP version?

I got the gasoline one. We don't have the big propane tank installed yet.

I know where to buy the propane kit and will get it when the house is finished and I install the generator permanently.

I have a bad tendency to "buy ahead" and then have plan changes, etc. There is a lot of stuff in the garage I should never have bought.

Good idea on the ear muffs. I have a couple of extra pairs. Of course by the time I get this installed, it may be that all I have to do is turn off the hearing aid. And, no I don't need one now. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ PTO generator vs. Stand Alone #35  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Somehow I think $1800 is a real deal for that generator.
)</font>

Sounds decent to me..

Soundguy

/ PTO generator vs. Stand Alone #36  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Somehow I think $1800 is a real deal for that generator.
)</font>

Sounds decent to me..

Soundguy