how to get old telephone poles

/ how to get old telephone poles #11  
I'm sure it is different in different areas of the country. Cable and Rural don't go in the same sentence around here. If you are rural you have satellite. Cable is only in town.

All of the rural telephone cooperative I audit are 99% underground cable. Many don't even have a single pole on the books anymore.

/ how to get old telephone poles #12  
Many times they will give them to you if they are replacing them in your area.

/ how to get old telephone poles #13  
I've never paid for them. If you can find where they store they used ones, they give them away here. I cut into 8ft pieces & split for fence post. If you see a elec co or tel co tech by the road, ask if they have any ideas how you could get them. Most of that pole replacement is contracted, so they may know the name of the contractor.

/ how to get old telephone poles #14  
Those of you who cannot get used powerline poles free, you are not missing out much. In my area, used poles are free but I am not allowed to cut them in the premise (liability issue as far as power co is concerned). I have get the whole pole. How many have the special trailer for the whole length?

/ how to get old telephone poles #15  
Hello All, updating. I am in a similar area, but on the MA side. it's been almost 20 years, any new ideas on how to get some poles? I'm looking for 2-4 45 foot ones.

/ how to get old telephone poles #16  
Hello All, updating. I am in a similar area, but on the MA side. it's been almost 20 years, any new ideas on how to get some poles? I'm looking for 2-4 45 foot ones.
I found some here & there on FB marketplace.

/ how to get old telephone poles #17  
I found some here & there on FB marketplace.
Thanks, I just was searching and found a place by cape cod that fits the bill. I've also reached out to National Grid. Cape Cod could get pricey shipping them out here, so I will have to see what they charge.

/ how to get old telephone poles #18  
I talked to the guys replacing poles in front of my house and asked them if I could have about 6 of the old poles and they left them. I drug them behind my tractor back to behind my barn. They seemed happy since those were poles that they didn't have to load onto a trailer. That was about 10 years ago. They work good for corner posts in a pasture.

/ how to get old telephone poles #19  
I talked to the guys replacing poles in front of my house and asked them if I could have about 6 of the old poles and they left them. I drug them behind my tractor back to behind my barn. They seemed happy since those were poles that they didn't have to load onto a trailer. That was about 10 years ago. They work good for corner posts in a pasture.
I'm hoping I can get a similar deal, they've been doing some work recently in the area.

/ how to get old telephone poles #20  
One of the old farms I work in my area has hundreds of overly thick fence posts made of old T-poles. He must have had a connection with someone that just dropped them off at his farm. Short pieces of T-pole everywhere on the property.
I need 15 to rebuild a lean-to roof in the upcoming months. None to be found.