GATEWAY

/ GATEWAY #1  

mudcat

Platinum Member
We took advantage of the telescoping forklift, I rented for my pole barn project, to aid us in building a gateway for my dad's property. This thing is 16' wide, 15' tall, and 8' deep. We were pressed for time so, I did not get any progress pictures. I did most of the notching in the dark /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif.

Attachments

• 878235-IMG_0434 (Small).JPG
    878235-IMG_0434 (Small).JPG
    54.8 KB · Views: 598
   / GATEWAY
Here is a shot of it all tied together. I used lag bolts on the top three poles and drove 18" spikes through the header poles into the vertical poles.

Attachments

• 878239-pole barn 005 (Small).JPG
    878239-pole barn 005 (Small).JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 459
   / GATEWAY
Here is the final product.

Attachments

• 878241-pole barn 004 (Small).JPG
    878241-pole barn 004 (Small).JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 472
   / GATEWAY #4  
Very nice. I am building an entrance to my farm this weekend.

/ GATEWAY
Cool! Take plenty of pics! I wish I would have had more step by step photos.

/ GATEWAY #7  
That entrance looks so cool. What about a hanging sign of some kind like the one on the entrance to the Ponderosa? And if you are too young to know what that means, please don't embarass me by asking what is a Ponderosa.

/ GATEWAY #8  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( And if you are too young to know what that means, please don't embarass me by asking what is a Ponderosa. )</font>

It's a type of pine tree, of course... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ GATEWAY
Mavrik02,
They are 20' CCA PT poles bought at the local hardware store that specializes in fencing.

/ GATEWAY
Gordon21,
Yes, there will be a sign entiled "WHISPERING PINES". And yes, I remember the Ponderosa. Just in case someone doesn't know what we are talking about, this will bring you up to speed /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif.