Trail Cleared (and More)

/ Trail Cleared (and More)
Eddie,

Glad to hear the video looked ok.

A video tour of the house is a good idea. Sadly, between the landscaping and working on the old place (combined with work and kid's activities) we are behind schedule in getting it "presentation ready". Don't worry, it will happen.

My son and I took a few laps around the trail Saturday after mulcher guy left. My daughter had a friend over so she did not ride. Yesterday was a bust. Rain all morning, my son spent the day at Six Flags, afternoon was spent working on the old place, so no riding yesterday.

The trail has one area that is probably too difficult for my daughter. I'll need to make her a "bypass" or build a bridge so she can complete the loop. For now, she can avoid the area but it makes for a much shorter ride.

Greg,

Yes, all of the larger trees were mulched top-to-bottom. dubba was exactly right. Plus, by doing it this way, you get a more complete mulching result - fewer big pieces to go back over. And, as you could see in the video, its FAST!.

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #33  
Bmac,
That is one heck of a mower you brought in. /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Amazing what the right equipment can do.

MarkV

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #34  
Great Video. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Sure could have used one of them a few years ago. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #35  
Wow!

I have never seen anything like that in action before - the right tool for the job, eh?

Definitely money well spent..........

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #36  
It's taking forever to load. Maybe I'll try later since I would love to see this thing rip. Do you think it would grind up piles of brush?

<font color="blue"> Do you think it would grind up piles of brush? </font>

I would think it would pulverize a brush pile. We had a lot of fallen trees (some quite large) in the woods that he cleared. Now, most were in varying stages of decay, but there were a lot of limbs and stuff too. Its all gone now. Well, not gone. But mulched. It should work for you.

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #38  
WOW...awesome video. That thing kicks butt. Beats the heck out of doing it any other way. You say you had a trail laid out for him to cut? Did he run across any obstacle that he had to change direction?

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #39  
That thing is great, reminds me of the thing the military uses on the front of a tank to clear out mine fields.
Awesome! I want one!
Farwell

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #40  
What happened(s) when the business end hits a rock or something under the leaves?....must be nasty. Also, how big a tree was it able to take down?

Awesome machine. I watched one on the end of of CAT 330 excavator on the side of Interstate 89 in NH last year. It was amazing. The thing was taking down whole tree that were like 50' tall.