Trail Cleared (and More)

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #51  
What a great thread. Facinating video. This is a tool I knew nothing about. If you don't know it exists, you never think to call someone who has one. Very efficient.

Thanks for the thread.
Cliff

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #52  
bmac,

Just linked to this thread from your post and enjoyed reading it again!!!! It got me to wondering how the trails have worked out for you and if the kids are enjoying them? I was also wondering if you have added any to them, or created any open areas?

My trails are ever increasing with new areas being accessed every year. I still have one corner of my land that I've never seen, but as of right now, I can get to about 75 percent of my land. I think creating trails through the woods is almost as much fun as shaping dirt!!!!!!

Eddie

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #53  
I want to thank Eddie for bringing this back up, as a newbie I had never seen it. And of course bmac for his extensive pictures and awesome video.

I was wondering if it shredded the trees down below grade a couple inches?

Now if we can get 3rrl to build one for a tractor we will be all set.

/ Trail Cleared (and More)
Hello, Eddie. I haven't been on the trail in a while. Summer here was just too blasted hot. Once fall came around, our weekends have been jammed with the kids' activities. Now that things have cooled off and our calender is beginning to clear, I expect the kids will get back to riding soon. I need to do a ride through to check for branches, exposed stumps and other safety issues.

With only 12 acres, there isn't really alot of room to expand the trail. And, no other clearing has been done, nor is any planned. I do intend to clean up downed brances and stuff from the area we had thinned out with the mulcher once the summer weed completelly die down.

Good to hear from you. How's the RV park coming along?

Tororider said:
I want to thank Eddie for bringing this back up, as a newbie I had never seen it. And of course bmac for his extensive pictures and awesome video.

I was wondering if it shredded the trees down below grade a couple inches?

Now if we can get 3rrl to build one for a tractor we will be all set.

I would say the mulcher took the trees down to grade level. He could have taken the stumps below grade, but the dirt really wears his cutters, so he didn't want to do much of that.

Thanks for the kind words and glad you enjoyed the thread. I had a great time watching the process.

bmac said:
I need to do a ride through to check for branches, exposed stumps and other safety issues.

Well, Eddie, you got me motivated to take a ride on the trail today. All in all, its fine. Some brance clean-up is needed and I have a few downed trees that need to be cut up and moved to a burn pile. There are 2 or 3 trees that I think I will take down as they seem to make turns a little sharper than I like. I'll ask the kids. After all, the trail is really for their use.

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #57  
bmac,

Sounds like fun. You can get the kids to drag the logs to your burn pile, or just cut up the pieces and have them take those to the pile. Anything to get them involved is always a good thing!!!

When I was asking about clearing any openings, I was curious if you had found any natural areas that you could easily cut with your bush hog while mowing the trail. I found that after I get a trail in, I spot areas that are thick with saplings, but nothing of any size. I will cut a few of them when I mow and make the trail a little wider. Then over time, I end up with a really nice, park like, area in the trees that you can only get to from the trail.

RV Park is moving forward at a snails pace. But it's steady progress!!!!!

Eddie

/ Trail Cleared (and More) #58  
Wonderful video, thanks for posting, never seen a machine like it!