Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm???

/ Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm??? #11  
Another Bedroom

Attachments

• 888922-Resized_Cabin 005.jpg
    888922-Resized_Cabin 005.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 326
   / Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm??? #13  
You did a great job there!!!

Very rustic with a nice warm feeling. I bet you have all sorts of new friends after you finished it!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eddie

/ Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm??? #14  
You did a great job there!!!

Very rustic with a nice warm feeling. I bet you have all sorts of new friends after you finished it!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eddie

/ Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm??? #15  
Can we turn this into a thread about cabins we have built that are not kits/ Here is a photo of the one I built on my property in beautiful Heart's Content, PA. Had the foundation ( 4' crawlspace) poured for me and my wife, sons and I did the rest. We have around $30,000.00 into it. My hope is to retire here about seven years down the road.

Attachments

• 889040-DSCN0486 (355 x 267).jpg
    889040-DSCN0486 (355 x 267).jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 425
   / Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm??? #16  
Can we turn this into a thread about cabins we have built that are not kits/ Here is a photo of the one I built on my property in beautiful Heart's Content, PA. Had the foundation ( 4' crawlspace) poured for me and my wife, sons and I did the rest. We have around $30,000.00 into it. My hope is to retire here about seven years down the road.

/ Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm??? #17  
Here is an interesting site with links to resources. Heard this on NPR the other day - sounded interesting.

Tiny Houses

We have an old house, last used 1942, that has remained dry and really is just a couple of rooms, exposed electrical(you know the two wires nailed to the walls) and no plumbing. Looks like it may be 5-600sf total - very rustic kinda neat.

/ Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm??? #18  
Here is an interesting site with links to resources. Heard this on NPR the other day - sounded interesting.

Tiny Houses

We have an old house, last used 1942, that has remained dry and really is just a couple of rooms, exposed electrical(you know the two wires nailed to the walls) and no plumbing. Looks like it may be 5-600sf total - very rustic kinda neat.

/ Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm??? #19  
Almost bought a Cedar Built home does that count?

Almost until the wife and I found out the the kit that we wanted was $$$$$ excluding labor, on our lot.

Let's see,
$173,000. for the kit +
$86,500 projected labor +
on our lot +
extra maintenance for an all wood home (staining & sealing every 2 years)
= NO THANKS!

I love your place though!

/ Anyone here bought a cabin kit for the farm??? #20  
Almost bought a Cedar Built home does that count?

Almost until the wife and I found out the the kit that we wanted was $$$$$ excluding labor, on our lot.

Let's see,
$173,000. for the kit +
$86,500 projected labor +
on our lot +
extra maintenance for an all wood home (staining & sealing every 2 years)
= NO THANKS!

I love your place though!