Making mucho mulch

/ Making mucho mulch #1  

KentT

Elite Member
Tractor
1993 Power Trac 1430 w/Kubota diesel engine
I just had a 365HP turbocharged wood chipper (actually a horizontal grinder) come in a shred the huge pile of slash where I cleared my lot...

Now, I have mucho mulch!

mm_7_800.jpg

Click here for the story and many more pictures

/ Making mucho mulch #3  
Beautiful homesite! Hillsides present their own set of problems when building but make nice locations.

More and more of the counties up in our area are banning outdoor burning and slash burning so we are seeing more of these tub grinders on new developmentr sites. Most of the mulch here is hauled away for the pulp mills. Pretty impressive the stuff they will break down.

/ Making mucho mulch #4  
Beautiful homesite! Hillsides present their own set of problems when building but make nice locations.

More and more of the counties up in our area are banning outdoor burning and slash burning so we are seeing more of these tub grinders on new developmentr sites. Most of the mulch here is hauled away for the pulp mills. Pretty impressive the stuff they will break down.

/ Making mucho mulch #5  
AWESOME destructive power! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Making mucho mulch #6  
AWESOME destructive power! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Making mucho mulch
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Beautiful homesite! Hillsides present their own set of problems when building but make nice locations.

)</font>
Thanks! In the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, anything that's not a hillside is likely in a floodplain -- well, not quite, but hillside sites are certainly quite common. It does make it easy to put a walkout basement, holding down the construction costs per square foot...

/ Making mucho mulch
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Beautiful homesite! Hillsides present their own set of problems when building but make nice locations.

)</font>
Thanks! In the foothills of the Smoky Mountains, anything that's not a hillside is likely in a floodplain -- well, not quite, but hillside sites are certainly quite common. It does make it easy to put a walkout basement, holding down the construction costs per square foot...