Need structural advice for tractor shed.

/ Need structural advice for tractor shed.
Thanks Mike, I'll take a look at those plans.

Paul, you are absolutely right. I'm still trying to figure out my needs and seeking advice. I'm sure this thing is going to get a lot bigger and more expensive than I'd thought. At the same time I don't want to build a Taj Mahal for one small tractor and two implements! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm a pretty slow mover. I'll be planning and seeking more advice (this place is great for that) for a few more months. I don't see breaking ground before the fall. One nice thing about this sort of structure is that to a certain extent I can progress along as the budget allows.

Here's another fly in the ointment. My wife informed me yesterday that she is taking one of our horses to stay down on our property and it might be nice to have a stall and tack area. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Now that just changes everything! But, it might be a way to get her to loosen up the purse strings too.

Back to the drawing board. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Need structural advice for tractor shed.
Thanks Mike, I'll take a look at those plans.

Paul, you are absolutely right. I'm still trying to figure out my needs and seeking advice. I'm sure this thing is going to get a lot bigger and more expensive than I'd thought. At the same time I don't want to build a Taj Mahal for one small tractor and two implements! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm a pretty slow mover. I'll be planning and seeking more advice (this place is great for that) for a few more months. I don't see breaking ground before the fall. One nice thing about this sort of structure is that to a certain extent I can progress along as the budget allows.

Here's another fly in the ointment. My wife informed me yesterday that she is taking one of our horses to stay down on our property and it might be nice to have a stall and tack area. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Now that just changes everything! But, it might be a way to get her to loosen up the purse strings too.

Back to the drawing board. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Need structural advice for tractor shed. #35  
I just built a nice little carpor/tractorport for my new JD 990.
I made it 20' x 15' but you could easily modify it too make it larger. Here is the site I got the idea from. http://www.buildeazy.com/carport_imp.html

I too was on a budget and kept the final price with delivery and all lumber down to about 1,500.00 I used 7 4x6 posts, 2x6 rafters 24" on center and 2x10"s for the side and front and back beams. I sheeted it with OSB and then installed a metal corrigated roof over 30 pound paper.

Good luck

Derik

Attachments

• 897916-carport5 small.jpg
    897916-carport5 small.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 119
   / Need structural advice for tractor shed. #36  
I just built a nice little carpor/tractorport for my new JD 990.
I made it 20' x 15' but you could easily modify it too make it larger. Here is the site I got the idea from. http://www.buildeazy.com/carport_imp.html

I too was on a budget and kept the final price with delivery and all lumber down to about 1,500.00 I used 7 4x6 posts, 2x6 rafters 24" on center and 2x10"s for the side and front and back beams. I sheeted it with OSB and then installed a metal corrigated roof over 30 pound paper.

Good luck

Derik