Flat Deck Container as a bridge?

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge? #1  

Catch95

Silver Member
Tractor
Jinma 204
Interested to know if anyone has used one of these. I know there have been discussions about truck trailers being used.

There are a number here going cheaply. They are 20 foot long and although transport out to my farm will be costly, it seems like a cheaper alternative than starting from scratch.

My other thought is to re-do what is there - which is a series of major logs on which small rocks (into any gaps betwen the logs) and then roadbase/ packed earth has been placed. Its well above the high water line of the creek and my neighbours have only seen it go under in 30 years.

Thanks

Mark

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge?
Interested to know if anyone has used one of these. I know there have been discussions about truck trailers being used.

There are a number here going cheaply. They are 20 foot long and although transport out to my farm will be costly, it seems like a cheaper alternative than starting from scratch.

My other thought is to re-do what is there - which is a series of major logs on which small rocks (into any gaps betwen the logs) and then roadbase/ packed earth has been placed. Its well above the high water line of the creek and my neighbours have only seen it go under in 30 years.

Thanks

Mark

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge? #3  
How big a span? Box culvert might be a possibility..

Soundguy

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge? #4  
How big a span? Box culvert might be a possibility..

Soundguy

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge? #5  
Are you planning on leaving the walls and roof of the container and driving/walking through it? Or cutting the walls and roof off and only using the bottom?

I think they get alot of their strength from the walls and roof.

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge? #6  
Are you planning on leaving the walls and roof of the container and driving/walking through it? Or cutting the walls and roof off and only using the bottom?

I think they get alot of their strength from the walls and roof.

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge? #7  
I think he is speaking of a flatbed rail car. We see many of these used in forest roads here in the NW. If they can handle the weight of a loaded log truck, 80,000 or so, barreling down to the mill then I suspect theay can hold up to your uses. You must set a good foundation though.

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge? #8  
I think he is speaking of a flatbed rail car. We see many of these used in forest roads here in the NW. If they can handle the weight of a loaded log truck, 80,000 or so, barreling down to the mill then I suspect theay can hold up to your uses. You must set a good foundation though.

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge? #9  
Never seen a 20' long rail car.

I thought he was talking about the sea containers that lots of people use for sheds now.

/ Flat Deck Container as a bridge? #10  
Never seen a 20' long rail car.

I thought he was talking about the sea containers that lots of people use for sheds now.