paint calculation for a JD 1517 batwing mower

/ paint calculation for a JD 1517 batwing mower #1  

Soundguy

Old Timer
Tractor
RK 55HC,ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC
I'm getting ready to paint my JD 1517 batwing mower to try and hold back the 'environment'. It has about 80% paint on it now, and most of that is good. No rust.. just worn off paint from years of mowing.

I plan on pressure washing and then priming, and then hitting with a coat of paint. I'll be using the BPS paints, primer. I'm familar with them and have painted all my tractors with them.

I'd like to get an idea of amount of paint needed for a single coat of primer and paint. I'll be painting the entire deck and hitch, as well as the underside of both wings.

I'm not going for a parade job.. just covering metal, otherwise I'd hit it with a few coats of paint.. etc.

Any idea of amount? Reason I'm asking is i like to intermix all my cans and buy all the paint I need for the project at one time.

thanks

Soundguy

/ paint calculation for a JD 1517 batwing mower
I'm getting ready to paint my JD 1517 batwing mower to try and hold back the 'environment'. It has about 80% paint on it now, and most of that is good. No rust.. just worn off paint from years of mowing.

I plan on pressure washing and then priming, and then hitting with a coat of paint. I'll be using the BPS paints, primer. I'm familar with them and have painted all my tractors with them.

I'd like to get an idea of amount of paint needed for a single coat of primer and paint. I'll be painting the entire deck and hitch, as well as the underside of both wings.

I'm not going for a parade job.. just covering metal, otherwise I'd hit it with a few coats of paint.. etc.

Any idea of amount? Reason I'm asking is i like to intermix all my cans and buy all the paint I need for the project at one time.

thanks

Soundguy

/ paint calculation for a JD 1517 batwing mower #3  
Only advice I can offer is that I painted 2 or three coats on a 5 ft woods broush hog out of a pint can, this was with a simple paint pot on my air compressor.

I had about half the paint left to.