Barn door wider now for tractor

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #1  

Doc_Bob

Elite Member
Tractor
2003 NH TN70A
I am looking at tractors that can fit in my tiny barn. I know tractors can and do live outside. I just can't do that. If a tractor is not being used, I think it should be undercover. Also, in Wisconsin, snow can be a big deal. I want to keep a foot of snow off of the tractor just like my car.

Only one problem, my mini-barn had a door that is only 6 feet wide. Not big enough to back a tractor easily into it. So, with the help of a friend who does carpentry, spent a hour last night making the door 3 feet wider. now I have a 9 foot wide door. The height is 81 inches, which is great for all the tractors I am looking at which have folding ROPS, which when folded over, top out at 76 inches. So now I have a wider door and enough height.

The whole process of modding the door was easy. Sawzall, 3 inch deck screws and some 2x4 (x2). One contractor told me it would take $400 just in materials. NOT! We even reused the old doors and will finish adding two smaller 16 inch doors onto the current reused doors. The result will be bifold mini-barn doors.

Bob

PS the Kubota Grand L 3830 in the pic is a loaner, not mine I wish it was mine!)

Attachments

• 903290-DSC00702.JPG
    903290-DSC00702.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 757
   / Barn door wider now for tractor
I am looking at tractors that can fit in my tiny barn. I know tractors can and do live outside. I just can't do that. If a tractor is not being used, I think it should be undercover. Also, in Wisconsin, snow can be a big deal. I want to keep a foot of snow off of the tractor just like my car.

Only one problem, my mini-barn had a door that is only 6 feet wide. Not big enough to back a tractor easily into it. So, with the help of a friend who does carpentry, spent a hour last night making the door 3 feet wider. now I have a 9 foot wide door. The height is 81 inches, which is great for all the tractors I am looking at which have folding ROPS, which when folded over, top out at 76 inches. So now I have a wider door and enough height.

The whole process of modding the door was easy. Sawzall, 3 inch deck screws and some 2x4 (x2). One contractor told me it would take $400 just in materials. NOT! We even reused the old doors and will finish adding two smaller 16 inch doors onto the current reused doors. The result will be bifold mini-barn doors.

Bob

PS the Kubota Grand L 3830 in the pic is a loaner, not mine I wish it was mine!)

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #3  
<font color="blue"> I know tractors can and do live outside. I just can't do that. </font>

I agree Bob. There is nothing worse than having to clean a foot or more of snow off a machine before you can use it. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PS: If I owned a Kubota Grand L 3830, I'd park it in my living room! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MIKE

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #4  
<font color="blue"> I know tractors can and do live outside. I just can't do that. </font>

I agree Bob. There is nothing worse than having to clean a foot or more of snow off a machine before you can use it. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

PS: If I owned a Kubota Grand L 3830, I'd park it in my living room! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MIKE

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #5  
so the BIG question is Bob which tractor will find a home in that shed and when is it being delivered? The suspense is killing me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Barn door wider now for tractor #6  
so the BIG question is Bob which tractor will find a home in that shed and when is it being delivered? The suspense is killing me. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue">

MIKE )</font>

I have checked out the dimensions of my garage as wel. Just poured a new floor, with fiber mesh in the mix and reinforcing wire. The tractor will fit into the garage! I have assumed that my 4 inch thick garage floor would handle the weight of a tractor. Will it??????????
Bob

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( <font color="blue">

MIKE )</font>

I have checked out the dimensions of my garage as wel. Just poured a new floor, with fiber mesh in the mix and reinforcing wire. The tractor will fit into the garage! I have assumed that my 4 inch thick garage floor would handle the weight of a tractor. Will it??????????
Bob

Mike, that answer to "which tractor" will be answered in about 14 days. I have learned so much at TBN. Trying to buy a tractor as a newbie would not have been as much fun or successul without the folks here. You are one of the many folks who have helped me!!!

I am looking forward to all the fun that the next stage will bring. Hours of enjoyment.
Bob

Mike, that answer to "which tractor" will be answered in about 14 days. I have learned so much at TBN. Trying to buy a tractor as a newbie would not have been as much fun or successul without the folks here. You are one of the many folks who have helped me!!!

I am looking forward to all the fun that the next stage will bring. Hours of enjoyment.
Bob