springhouse

/ springhouse #1  

Kerrminator

Our springhouse overflow runs down the property. Any ideas on a cheap way to manage the water and dry up a portion of my property?:mad:

Last edited:
   / springhouse #2  
I'm glad I don't have that problem. The CFO would have me working on an extensive water feature project. Rocky Stream flowing into a pond.

/ springhouse #5  
Kerrminator said:
Our springhouse overflow runs down the property. Any ideas on a cheap way to manage the water and dry up a portion of my property?:mad:

I decided to try to make use of the water. Curbed my srping to pump out of it for a yard sprinkler system. When it overflowed & went to the creek, I just put up a little dam so the water ponds outside the spring. When I pump it down, the water comes back into the spring through pea gravel filter.

My spring only flows about 4 GPM, but with the pond plus a 2500 gal steel tank, I am able to pump around 5000 gal per day with a 2 hp 50 gpm pump. It takes about 1-3/4 hr to pump it down running 25 sprinkler heads per zone.

The dam seems to make mine just let the water rise so high, then holds there. Kind of like the water level in a well.

/ springhouse
we have an electric pump that pumps the water to an electric pole and haa a water tap to attach hose to water the lawns but still get quite a bit of runoff.

/ springhouse
Springhouse pics.

Last edited: