clearing

/ clearing
Being green...I burred three of my links when I cut a limb without making an undercut and the tree fell with a loud C-R-A-C-k and wedged my chain and pulled it off. Luckily that was the least of it. Had to replace the chain.

/ clearing
Slashbuster really is not applicable and non related to my situation.Sorry.:rolleyes:

/ clearing #23  
I am nearing the end of clearing about 3 acres of stuff just like Kerrminator photographed. After starting with smaller tools and just a bush hog I can say without any question that the combination of tractor, bush hog, grapple and chainsaw is exactly the tool set that works most efficiently. I did mine with a CK20 which is only a 21hp tractor but with a strong loader. The bush hog is obvious to everyone as being critical so I would emphasis getting a grapple (or at least a grapple attachment for a bucket) before starting this project. Moving slash and brush and logs to a burn pile can be quite a pain if you don't have a grapple. Also, with the grapple you can literally rip a lot of smallish trees (too big for bush hog) right out of the ground so you never get off the tractor and never need to deal with the stump. Depending on the size of your tractor and the type of tree, you can handle some fairly large trees without the chainsaw/stump removal hassle.

Good luck with your project.

/ clearing
I like the fact that the area is wooded...dont get me wrong. i just want the dead cut up and the grounds somewhat accessible. Probably shoot for a small garden in the spring. I will have to fortify it like Fort knox. Alot of hungry critters around.I thought about building a small observation deck....with a railing...just for fun...small ladder going up.....I dont know if digging 4 holes and quick cementing them and then frame up for the decking....something like that.

/ clearing #25  
I wasn't talking about clear cutting but that forest will be a lot nicer to walk in and look at when the smaller weed trees and brush are under control. Wait until you start moving piles of brush around and you'll immediately see the value of a grapple or grapple bucket.

/ clearing
I uderstand....I have accumulated piles of it...tomorrow...i hope to get firepit ready for weekend.:)

/ clearing #28  
Kerrminator said:
Thanks for your input. Any pics?

I've posted a number of brush grappling photos. If you search on Millonzi (the name of my grapple) you'll find a number of posts with action photos.

/ clearing
Here I have posted a couple of time frame pictures.

Last edited:
   / clearing
Here are a couple of pictures of the property.One picture was taken in September 05' and the other taken October 06'.:eek:

Last edited: