clearing

/ clearing #1  

Kerrminator

this is job, clearing my property?

Last edited:
   / clearing #3  
A brushcutter (weedeater with a saw blade) and a tractor with a blade will do lots of work for you on that project.

/ clearing #4  
You had better start working faster. I can't see hardly any progress made in the 16 days from the beginning of the project until the second set of pix. If anything, the vegatation is bigger and higher!!!!

/ clearing #5  
Wouldnt it be easier to wait untill the fall? Depending on where he lives, most of it could be dead, or less live, and cut easier?? Thats been my strategy for some of the heavy stuff...

/ clearing #6  
Dead and dry wood gives more wear on a saw than stuff thats full of sap.

/ clearing #8  
Renze said:
Dead and dry wood gives more wear on a saw than stuff thats full of sap.

Never seen evidence of this. In fact, my cleanup saw gets used almost exclusively for cutting up dead branches and gets sharpened about a quarter as often (based on usage time, not overall time) as any of my other saws.

/ clearing #9  
It always seems easier for me to cut (bush hog) a field that is nearly dead than a fresh green one that has soft pliable briars in it.. In the winter when they are dry, they seem to cut easier. Now if we were talking about cutting dead trees vs live green trees, I'd be inclined to agree. Those pictures looked like mostly bush hogging to me.. I've used my little Yanmar to cut everything from early growth in a feild to 10' tall briar patches and 3" bamboo "forests" that grow 15-20' tall.. Its amazing what they can do, but again, to me it seems easier when they are dry and brittle..