New property

/ New property #11  
Nice work and have a great time.
Bob

/ New property #12  
Probably a lot of good usable wood in that old house. Hate to see it go up in smoke and you having to buy new wood, that probably isn't half as good. I lot of work to get it out, but might be worth it in the long run, if time can be managed to allow it.

David from jax

/ New property
sandman2234 said:
Probably a lot of good usable wood in that old house. Hate to see it go up in smoke and you having to buy new wood, that probably isn't half as good. I lot of work to get it out, but might be worth it in the long run, if time can be managed to allow it.

perhaps but...

no nice saveable trim... most of the plaster was nocked out and replaced with drywall.... no doors on the first floor, but second floor had them but they are odd, 28"? by like 78" ... again not useable.

floors are toast, perhaps some 1x on the roof and some 2x rafters, but there are a number of leaks... stick a fork in the roof... its done.

Trust me when i say theres not much to be saved. What can be salvaged will.

other problem, new barn apt will be pole barn ish (metal roof and sideing) and the new house will go in roughly the same spot.

pluss i can take a small tax right off for the donation to the fire dept and they get to use it for training.

i think its a win win for everyone.