post holes - toro dingo or like

/ post holes - toro dingo or like #1  

gav64

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2810hst - Gehl 4625 skidsteer
I have to dig a bunch of post holes around my property, some are on hilly and hard to access spots which would require going across the lawn. In the past it was either by hand or with a skid steer monted one, a tractor one would not work either in this application. Has anyone use a toro dingo or bobcat walk behind with the auger or one of the tow behind units that you push into place and are hydraulically driven like home depot has. how was you experience, dont want to waste money if they don't work well. thanks

/ post holes - toro dingo or like #2  
Well 1st off are we talking just a couple of holes that are in a bad location or most of them because if it is just a couple of them I would just dig them by hand but my real question is what is your equipment. Do you own a PHD or are you going to rent or buy 1. The reason I ask is I have rented them in the past and the problem with rentals is they are usually pretty dull and in New England the soil is pretty rocky and you have that red clay too were you are. If your going to buy a PHD decide the use for it over the long term. In New England regardless if you have an Auger or not sometimes you going to dig that hole by hand anyway