Pole Barn-Adopting A project

/ Pole Barn-Adopting A project #11  
what is the distance between the poles? How tall are the center poles? are all the centers the same hieght? Outsides? how much difference between the height of the shortest center and the shortest outside? Do you want to enclose the whole bldg or just a roof? Maybe just enclose one side? leave the left side open and close in the rightside,with a loft above? Lots of good options with thae setup you have. I helped my old boss with a simular project and we used some cheap bright colored rope to get a rough idea of what he wanted the roof angles to look like. I have seen some in windy areas that had the front and back rows of all 3 posts cut 1' shorter than the middles to deflect the wind. I dont know how great it works but they are still standing;)

/ Pole Barn-Adopting A project
Hey Spark Man and FiremanPat2910 (Now that is a good combo :) ,

Thanks for the ideas. Yes the loft and even just finishing the one side are things I have thought about. Pretty much need at least one bay closed-off for vehicle storage.

The colored ropes to help visualize the roof is a great tip!

Once the lot gets cleaned-up of the junked cars & I get the keys to the place, I can take tapes/ropes out there and start to measure things. I do believe that the poles in each row are the same height- in that row. Looks close.

We should have taken better and more pictures when we looked at it.

Thanks again for the input on this type of pole layout.

Rich