Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 4310

Default Pipe connectors for carport?

Has anyone been able to find a source for 2" steel pipe connectors for the purposes of making a carport etc?

My lame tarped carport elcheapo special is coming apart, rusting, and the tarp is toast. The white paint on the pipes is eroding and leaving white marks on the vehicles parked under it.

I've seen several kit carports that use galv steel pipe and they look like I could easily build something similar if someone sold just the odd connectors required.

Surely there are a few companies out there that make these sorts of things.
    JD 4130 w/430 FEL, Box Scraper, JD Brush mower

Tractor
    Jinma 284

Default Re: Pipe connectors for carport?

I wouldn't bother going to try & make one, they are dirt cheap at a lot of ploaces generally cheaper than attempting to source all the parts, make them work and then get the stuff for it built.
    go to TractorByNet.com | John Deere, kubota, New Holland, and more! for a good price

also try harbor freight and homier traveling tool show on-line. other source would be pep boys and jc whitney.

hope you can get what you need there.
    Mark M
    I may remember why I went to the other end of the shop, I'm just afraid once I get there I'll forget how to get back!

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

I agree w/ spiker. There are a couple guys that sell those tarp/pole kits and parts at the local flea markets. I can buy their parts and kits WAY cheaper than hunting it down from metal suppliers strangely enough. Also.. Harbor freight, Kmart, and TSC have some darn cheap 10/12' x 20' kits ... ( tarps are cheap at the chinese store. And I buy the cheap ones.. I usually get about 2 ys from them in the fl sun and wind. Same with an expensive tarp.. etc.. I've tried both.. etc..

I've got tens of thousands of dollars worth of tractor an implement parked out in the apsture under tarp structures... way cheaper than adidng on to the barn...

Soundguy

Quote Originally Posted by Westonium
    Has anyone been able to find a source for 2" steel pipe connectors for the purposes of making a carport etc?

My lame tarped carport elcheapo special is coming apart, rusting, and the tarp is toast. The white paint on the pipes is eroding and leaving white marks on the vehicles parked under it.

I've seen several kit carports that use galv steel pipe and they look like I could easily build something similar if someone sold just the odd connectors required.

Surely there are a few companies out there that make these sorts of things.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    JD 4310

Thing is, I already have 3 tarp "garages and they've been TERRIBLE.

The white paint on the tubes leaves residue on vehicles, the poles dent with a stern gaze, etc.

If I can get something as a kit that has a sturdy steel frame for cheap then I am interested. I'll check that link now.

Any other suggestions?
    JD 4130 w/430 FEL, Box Scraper, JD Brush mower

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

The ones I have are galvanized, and look more like the top rail on a chain link fence. It's thin wall.. but doesn't sound like it is as thin as yours.

Soundguy

Veteran Member

i have a greenhouse that is framed using EMT and the frame holds up very well.

Tractor
    kubota L3400

this type of stuff is what you are asking about.

Canopy fittings - Medium Peak Canopy parts for use with 1 inch tubing

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L-39

Try this link. All sorts of connectors at Farmtek

Hardware & Fasteners,Quick Klamp Pipe Fittings
    Jerry Smith
    Lost In Northern Vermont

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7510HSD

Costco has the whole package for $168.00.

Harris
    Kubota B7510HST, FEL, tooth bar, brush cutter, box blade, portable forks, tiller, boom pole, carry all, homemade 15" bucket mounted dirt scoop.

Tractor
    Several, all used and abused.

There is a large selection at TekSupply; greenhouses, tension fabric buildings, agricultural supplies, truss arch buildings, barn curtain, building supplies, doors, hardware. called "Quik Klamps" and they seem to run from $4 to $7 each, depending on size and style. They have sizes from one inch, one and a quarter inches and one and a half inches.

I don't know anythinb about this company, they just send me catalogs, but from the pictures, they look like industrial grade clamps that you could use for railings, shelving and just about anything you'd want to make out of pipe.

Good luck,
    Eddie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast