How long for concrete to cure?

/ How long for concrete to cure? #1  

RobA

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L5030 HST
I just had a concrete floor poured in my pole barn. 4" of gravel, rebar 2' on center and 4" of concrete. How long should I let it cure before filling the barn up? I'll be puting my tractor, bush hog and ATV in it. Tractor is heaviest thing at about 5,000 or 6,000 (??) pounds. Everything else won't be nearly as heavy.

/ How long for concrete to cure? #2  
Suggestion, get as much finishing done on the inside of the pole barn as possible prior to loading it up. Don't have the information on the cure time, I waited approximately two weeks because I didn't have any thing to put in the barn until my stuff arrived from California.
David

/ How long for concrete to cure? #3  
Alot depends on temp and moisture. Unless a curing agent was added no sooner than 1 week and preferably 2 weeks for your tractor. You may want to ask your contractor or the redi-mix company where you got the cement.

/ How long for concrete to cure? #4  
   / How long for concrete to cure? #5  
Very minum time will be 7 days. 28 days is usually accepted as fully cured.

Egon is right. 28 days is the accepted time.

Essentially, I think you could hand carry lighter things in there after 7 days, but give it the full 28 before you drive your tractor in.

/ How long for concrete to cure? #6  
CurlyDave said:
Very minum time will be 7 days. 28 days is usually accepted as fully cured.

Egon is right. 28 days is the accepted time.

Essentially, I think you could hand carry lighter things in there after 7 days, but give it the full 28 before you drive your tractor in.

Being in the construction industry most builders tell us to stay off the driveway with our trucks for 7 days. Then we are allowed to go on it. However, the longer the better especially if your going to keep your tractor in one spot for an extended period of time.

murph

/ How long for concrete to cure?
Thanks. I was going to wait 2 weeks but I'll wait 4 instead.

/ How long for concrete to cure? #8  
I have read that the concrete in the Hoover dam is still cureing and it was built in the 30's

/ How long for concrete to cure? #9  
I see you are in PA. I hope you are doing something about keeping it from freezing. 4" slab for a floor to park equiment on seems a bit minimum to me.

Concrete in 'theory' is never cured, it just keeps getting harder. Practical is as others have said. If there is no rush, the 4 weeks would be safe for heavy loads. For reasonable loads, I wouldn't worry about using it in 2 weeks.

Harry K

/ How long for concrete to cure? #10  
It is not theory. As concrete cures it gets stronger; the day it is fully cured it is at its strongest; from that day on the concrete begins to get weaker. The Hoover dam is still curing; the day it completely cures, will be the day it begins to get weaker. Yes it will need to be torn down someday as it wil not be able to withstand the water pressure. Don't worry; it will take a few more years. ( hundreds)