Rock

/ Rock #1  

Egon

Epic Contributor
I have recently acquired a Makita hammer drill and 4-1/2 In. angle grinder as well as some feathers and wedges. Some rock I've split. Lots to learn yet!:D

Attachments

• Olympus pictures 025.jpg
    Olympus pictures 025.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 407
  • Olympus pictures 024.jpg
    Olympus pictures 024.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
   / Rock #2  
Egon,

Where did you get the feathers and wedges? I'll be rebuilding a stone foundation next year and I've been looking for a source.

/ Rock
I bought mine [ 1/2 in. ] from Miles supply in Vermont. Took about a week for delivery to Canada.

Just a suggestion but you may want to look at larger and longer types.

I found this supplier on the internet.

Welcome to Miles Supply!

/ Rock #4  
Egon, did you get a new camera too? An early Christmas present?

/ Rock #5  
Egon said:
I have recently acquired a Makita hammer drill and 4-1/2 In. angle grinder as well as some feathers and wedges. Some rock I've split. Lots to learn yet!:D

Did you find the Makita's at Home Depot also ;-)

/ Rock
I buy my tools at a local Home Hardware Store. A 5 minute walk away. They have a very excelent assortment of tools and fellows that are very helpfull and knowledable. A fulll range from inexpensive to industrial quality.

Yes I did buy a new camera. A small Olympus that fits in a shirt pocket. In another year or two I may be able to figure out how to properly use it!:D

/ Rock
Some landscaping in the yard. Keep toying with a granite cobble stone driveway and have hopes I can get one or two larger slabs that can be polished and used as rough table tops in the sun room that can be used for planters.

I also have lots of slate to work with.

However my projects always exceed a very limited level of ambition and ingenuity.:D

/ Rock #9  
The Home Depot here has the Makita rotary/hammer drill with the 4.5" angle grinder on sale for $143 or something close to that price now. I thought that was a kit that Makita made up for the big box stores. Have fun.

/ Rock #10  
Clue me in on the procedure in case I ever find one of those rock things. I can see you drill some fracture holes but then what.