Tractor
    JD 790

Default Grid wall, slatwall, metal pegboards and used gondolas

Has anyone bought used store gondolas and used them in their workshops? They seem like a real bargain. Lots of metal pegboard, adjustable shelving and a solid base for under $100. Or even the single sided wall units.

Gridwall looks neat to use for bigger items like shovels, landscaping tools, big items, extension cords, etc.

Simple metal pegboard seems way overpriced. It would be cheaper to buy a gondola and strip the pegboard out of it.

My basement will be up in another month or so and I am planning ahead for what to do with 28' of wall space dedicated to workbench/tool area.
    Lewis Gordon

JD 790, 300 FEL, 5' KK rotary mower, 5' boxscraper, Huskee 3PT logsplitter, JD#39N sickle mower and a Jinma 6" chipper in JD colors.

My XUV gas Gator wants a brother !!!!!!!! (the diesel kind)

Platinum Member

Default Re: Grid wall, slatwall, metal pegboards and used gondolas

I havn't bought anu for the shop, but did buy a truck load for a Pool Store I ran. The price is great, and no end to the different configurations you can make and the shelving is extremely strong. Only problem I had was removing all the old price stickers. The ones I bought came from a CVS Pharmacy and they put the price stickers on the shelves instead of the products. HTH, later, Nat

Platinum Member
    St.Marys County. Maryland/Tall Timbers Md.
    Tractor
    Farmtrac 300 dtc

Default Re: Grid wall, slatwall, metal pegboards and used gondolas

Used gondolas are a great find.I bought 40 of them for an auto parts store I opened in 2000.All covered with stickers.Other than that you can't beat the construction.