Farm Truck

/ Farm Truck #1  

Glenn1

Bronze Member
Tractor
B7500 Kubota
I recently purchased a 1989 Toyota one ton dually. The truck is mechanically sound, no rust and had a 12 box which I removed. I am currently building a 9' flat bed. I am having a hard time finding any information about these trucks. The local dealer says they still sell all replacement parts but have little information. Even the model number is about ten digets long. Any information will be appreciated.

/ Farm Truck #2  
you've got ahold of a VERY rare duck. shares more incommon with the RV platform they made for only a few years.

check out YotaTech

youll find me there as Snap-on. I'm one of the "experts" for the 89-95 4runner and trucks.

/ Farm Truck
Thank you for the information. I was told they quit building the trucks in 1996. I was inpressed with the condition and power of the truck. IS a leaking steering box common on this model truck?

/ Farm Truck #4  
stearing box? perhaps depends on use. the power stearing PUMPs are known to leak like a sive.... ive replaced the one in my truck twice, and the one on my 4runner was leaking also when i bought it (also replaced)

/ Farm Truck
Do the rebuilt/new steering units hold up well?

/ Farm Truck #6  
you talking about the stearing boxes, or the pumps? (theres a big diffrence)

the pumps are a crap shoot as i get mine from the local advance. Cheep rebuilds im shure but for a new or NAPA type rebuild your looking at even more $$.

/ Farm Truck #7  
Glenn1 said:
I recently purchased a 1989 Toyota one ton dually. The truck is mechanically sound, no rust and had a 12 box which I removed. I am currently building a 9' flat bed. I am having a hard time finding any information about these trucks. The local dealer says they still sell all replacement parts but have little information. Even the model number is about ten digets long. Any information will be appreciated.

any possibility you can post a pic? I do not remember such a truck at all, and hoping a pic may jog my memory..

thanks

brian

/ Farm Truck
Yes, I have taken several photograhs from the beginning of the project. I need to figure out how to reduce the file size to upload onto the site.

/ Farm Truck #9  
I didnt know Toyota made a 1 tone. Ive always wanted to keep buying Toyotas but when my trailer got heaiver and heavier i finally had to get the old chevy 1 ton.

/ Farm Truck
I believe they only made the trucks for a few years and stopped in 1996. The truck was mostly used for RV'S. Check Toyota Dolphin RV on the internet.