Blue UV marker dye

/ Blue UV marker dye #1  

Laminarman

Gold Member
Tractor
TC40DA
So the Tractor Supply dude told me to get the blue UV dye for my Pronto BigNTuff so I could see where I sprayed. He said it's "activated by sunlight". I still can't tell very easily where I've covered with it and short of getting on my knees to inspect for colored, dry residue, I can't easily tell if I've thoroughly covered my intended area. Am I missing something here???

/ Blue UV marker dye #2  
Do ya have to war them yellow titned glasses for it to show up.. Like you do in dye leak detection systems for cars..???

Soundguy

/ Blue UV marker dye
I have no idea. I'm frustrated I spent money on it and he can't even answer the question. I swear, our Tractor Supply has all the flunkies from Tractor Supply Training School. Same guy who told me I could dilute granular 15-15-15 fertilizer in water "if I stir it real good" and get it through my boomless sprayer. Thank God I'm not dumb enough to try it.

/ Blue UV marker dye #4  
Laminarman said:
I have no idea. I'm frustrated I spent money on it and he can't even answer the question. I swear, our Tractor Supply has all the flunkies from Tractor Supply Training School.
I cannot allow that honorable distinction to you and you only. :D The TSC here in East TN are just as inept and incapable of basic skills of knowledge. Now that isn't intended to be a judgemental or opinionated remark. It's an honest observation. I stopped wasting my time and money at TSC a long time ago, as convenient as they may seem. I went through a TSC store a few weeks ago looking for a simple piece of hardware. It was like walking through a second-rate flea market, with no offer of assistance and no success on finding what I needed. Went home ==>=WWW.got-what-I-needed.done deal.