WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #1  

rancar

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD425 lawn tractor; JD4710 CUT; JD JX75 Walk Behind
Why the big fuss over which color tractor is the best? Well, this is an important issue. There's a proven reason why. Let's start first with the other colors.

The red ones? Well, red connotes a warning meaning BEWARE, CAUTION, DANGER as in the catch phrase "...red flag warning." Psychologists also have proven the color red to be associated with violent, emotional behavior. This is where the expression "...painting the town red" comes from. With my experience working in the transportation industry, we are used to using red to mean STOP. STOP signs are red. Traffic signals require one to STOP moving when it turns red. Well, nuf-ced on these red machines. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

How about the blue ones? Well, blue connotes a feeling of sadness or sickness. When one is feeling blue, it means one is depressed or downcast in spirit. It's also defined as gloomy, dismal, dreary as inferred in the catch phrase "...a blue day." It's also defined as indecent or risque as used in the phrase "...a blue joke." When one is violently sick, there's a reason they are blue in the face. Well, nuf-ced on these blue machines. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

How about the orange ones? Well, what color do machines or any metal for that matter turn when they burn HOT, HOT, HOT? They turn orange. Orange connotes a sense of burning as in the orange hue of the sun. Creosote when ignited in wood stoves and stovepipe burns HOT with an orange color to the point of meltdown. Well, nuf-ced on these orange machines. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

How about the yellow ones? Yellow belongs to a group of colors resembling that of ripe lemons. WHOA....did I say lemons? /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif Let's not go there. We've had too many lemons in the automobile industry resulting in too many lawsuits. Nuf-ced on these yellow machines. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

How about the olive green ones? You know, that color of those old vintage tractors of yesteryear. Well, olive green connotes a feeling or aura of sickness. What color does cheese become when it sits too long in the fridge? Well, it's olive green. When you eat some of this tainted cheese by accident, what happens? You have stomach upheavals. What color is it? Well, it's olive green. The only redeeming feature of this color is it still has a greenish hue and as sick people recover, so do machines of this color. Hence, this is the reason those old vintage tractors are still seen from time to time plowing up your grandfather's fields, albeit in an ever slow moving fashion. Well, nuf-ced on the olive green machines. /w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

Now, we come to the lean GREEN machines. Green is an interesting color. It has a hue of an emerald (representing wealth). /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif There is a reason our monetary exchange unit in the U.S. is green in color. Green is also the color of growing grass and coniferous forests (representing life). /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif Green is defined as being brand new and fresh, not aged. Green connotes a feeling of youthful vigor. Again, using a transportation industry analogy, we use green to mean GO, GO, GO. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif Traffic signals, when turning green, result in traffic queues moving from a stop position to a moving position, sometimes dramatically so. Green also connotes safety and is the background color on highway directional signing provided to assist one in arriving safely to their intended destination. /w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif What figure in the history of commerce and industry best typifies the provision of good and plenty? Well, it's the JOLLY GREEN GIANT. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Who in the early days of America fought to provide us with the freedoms we now enjoy? Well, it was Ethan Allen and the GREEN MOUNTAIN BOYS. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif Who now does more than anyone else to preserve these freedoms? None other than the GREEN BERETS. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

So, the evidence is in and it's overwhelming. From practical, life proven experiences the color green IS SUPERIOR to that of all other colors. Hence, this is the reason the LEAN GREEN MACHINES are the best tractors on the face of the planet (whose land areas I would also add are predominantly GREEN in color). /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif/w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #2  
O.K., time to go to bed! You're starting to get a little groggy! :)

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #3  
Any chance it is snowing in your neck of the woods?

I hear when it is snowing, people have A LOT !!! of time on their hands??????????

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #4  
LOL, never really thought of it that way. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Darin

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #5  
could green also stand for the extra green that you throw down to buy to plastic tonka toys

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #6  
Well that was an /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif opener to read first thing this morning.

Orange{Kubota} may also be consider saftey and use caution,for there a out standing piece of equipment at work. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #7  
Neil:

That's " SNOW SHOVEL" on their hands.

Egon

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #8  
Rancar,

Just to be fair, and note I am a green owner, green designates vomit.

Remember the Exorcist?

Buck

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #9  
The Lean Green Machine:

They are a nice colour but one must take care when temporarily dismounting from one on a green field or in the woods. The camafloging effect of green will make them almost impossible to dectect and remount. Some folklore suggests tractors have been lost till the white snow of winter arrived and others were never found till the dirty colour of rust prevailed!! Other people with green attachments have been forced to buy new ones as the old were lost in the "GREEN GREEN FIELDS OF HOME"
Perhaps a GPS should be issued with all green machines so location will not be a problem.

Egon

/ WHY LEAN GREEN MACHINES ARE THE BEST #10  
When I was a kid on the farm my Dad always had the RED tractors and of course I thought that meant that RED was the best. One day I asked my Dad way he had RED and all the neighbors had GREEN tractors. I was ready for a long answer of quality and such, but what I got was an answer that couldn't afford the GREEN tractors. That was one time I didn't tell my neighborhhod friends the reason for something. What amazes me is the cost of the GREEN tractors have always been higher than any other tractor and they still sell a lot of them, must be something to the quality part of buying and running the tractor.

Dan L