Nightvision Scope

/ Nightvision Scope #1  

keving

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 7040HDC
Anybody use a nightvision scope? I'm thinking about getting one to put on my rifle to kill some coyotes...

/ Nightvision Scope #2  
Forget the scope,:eek:

Buy a set of pvs-7 goggles and put a laser on your rifle, that way you can look around all you want without peeking thru a small hole all night.

I use them all the time, I keep my dog hunting gear in a mini truck ready to go when ever I get the urge.

you can also drive with them, (slow) -you cant with scope !
also check out any noise around your place at night without pointing a rifle at an unknown.

Have used both many times, goggles win hands down:D

buy US made the russian stuff.................:(

/ Nightvision Scope
tractorernie,

Those look cool. How well does the laser allow you to target? Do you use a regular scope on your rifle? or do you even have a scope on the 'ote killer? Sounds like a great setup. Do you use a caller?

/ Nightvision Scope #4  
Hmm.. am sure pvs-7 goggles would be a real boon in the boondocks... I'll put it in my Santa's wish list... and hope to hit the lottery for $3000...

/ Nightvision Scope #5  
keving said:
tractorernie,

Those look cool. How well does the laser allow you to target? Do you use a regular scope on your rifle? or do you even have a scope on the 'ote killer? Sounds like a great setup. Do you use a caller?

Kevin, its just a laser thats all, no scope needed with the goggles.

I use a johnny stewart caller, its wireless.

/ Nightvision Scope #6  
texasjohn said:
Hmm.. am sure pvs-7 goggles would be a real boon in the boondocks... I'll put it in my Santa's wish list... and hope to hit the lottery for $3000...

John, Its just a matter of priorities, :)

/ Nightvision Scope #7  
I'd really LOVE to have that technology... would make me the coyote slayer of the entire area!!! I'm gonna watch for them at the Army Surplus place... after the war is over, they should be a dime a dozen:D In my youth, I had a pair of goggles that B29 pilots had for protection from atomic bomb light flash... great things.... two thick polarizing lenses in each eyepiece. you twisted a knob between the eyes to darken them... when you got the two lenses at 90 degrees, Almost NO light came thru.. you could look at the sun and barely tell where it might be. Pretty cool... no real practical use, but amazing to have.

So, am gonna watch for the pvs-7 goggles to show up... and then go for the coyotes:)