Cyber challenged old foggy needs help

/ Cyber challenged old foggy needs help #1  

hwp

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota F2400
What is the trick to adding graphics/photos to the signature file on TBN. I understand simple HTML but not much beyond that. I tried using the [image][/image] command to load a file but that didn't work. Does the file have to be on a web site?

Thanks you you help.

/ Cyber challenged old foggy needs help #2  
hwp

Never use one myself, but most of the guys are uploading theirs to this site and then using the image as a signature. Try searching on "new signature", you should turn up at least one post, and you can look at the signatures as they were uploaded.

SHF

/ Cyber challenged old foggy needs help #3  
Howard,

First you need to upload the picture. Assuming you don't have your own website, then the easy alternative is to upload it to TBN as an attachment. Go to the forum feedback area, and look for the thread entitled "signatures".

Once it's uploaded, it will have a link. If you view the picture, you can get the link name by right-clicking on the picture, and selecting "copy link".

Then alter your signature with the link name embedded in the [ image ] tags thusly (without the spaces):

[ image ] <link name> [ / image]

Where the <link name> in italics is the actual link that you copied.

/ Cyber challenged old foggy needs help #4  
Glueguy,

That is a very good explaination. You must have done this before. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

SHF

/ Cyber challenged old foggy needs help #6  
Hey HWP, what's with the "AGENT ORANGE", are you trying to be funny, or are you just too [censored] young to know what that shut was?

/ Cyber challenged old foggy needs help #7  
FRANZ; don't usually speak for other people, but i do beleive HWP was referring to the color of his tractor(orange). i hope i am correct as i would hate to think anyone would make light of that stuff. i am old enough to know what it was./w3tcompact/icons/sad.gif

/ Cyber challenged old foggy needs help #8  
I chose to take HWP's meaning the color of his tractor, not something that we ran across/wallowed in/flew through in R.V.N.

/ Cyber challenged old foggy needs help
Sorry folks - I was not being as internationally sensitive as I should have been. I have been around long enough and in enough parts of the world to know that what is acceptable jibber in one part of the world is not in others.

/ Cyber challenged old foggy needs help #10  
Howard...

Welcome Aboard...! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG