build it ourself-low cost horse home

/ build it ourself-low cost horse home #1  

irwin

Veteran Member
Tractor
2004 Kubota L35TLB, '89' Cub Cadet 1541
Cleared an area, gravel then powered stone. This first pic is pipe frame durring assembly
.Took us a lot longer than hoped, but done mostly by me and whoever I can talk into helping with heavier stuff. Got the roof up finally this weekend. huuurrah.
Got the idea to post these by a thread about putting up horse fence............coming soon.

/ build it ourself-low cost horse home
This old guy has been waiting to move in since october.
Will most likely finish 2 stalls then some temp. fencing so can move him here in a week or two. heres to optimism..

/ build it ourself-low cost horse home #3  
Is he an Arabian?

Because this is a "portable" building I didn't need to make any serious footings. I was able to dig four 4.5 foot holes and use these anchor forms. attached to the bottom pipe frame and my building inspector was happy.
in ground- and before sunk and filled with 6 eighty lb readi-mix bags each

MikePA said:
Is he an Arabian?
The wife will love you.. they're her favorite:D yes

/ build it ourself-low cost horse home #6  
Pretty cool. I don't have horses, but there will come a time when I need a place to put them and I'm looking forward to your progress. Please keep the pics coming.

Eddie

/ build it ourself-low cost horse home #8  
irwin said:
Because this is a "portable" building I didn't need to make any serious footings. I was able to dig four 4.5 foot holes and use these anchor forms. attached to the bottom pipe frame and my building inspector was happy.

Interesting that you need the structure inspected if it is not permanent. Good job doing it right.

-Mike Z.

/ build it ourself-low cost horse home #9  
irwin said:
The wife will love you.. they're her favorite:D yes
His head looked kinda small, so I guessed Arabian. :)

/ build it ourself-low cost horse home #10  
Did you compact the crushed stone at all? The pipe frame is new to me, are those fencing pipes? Or is it a kit ready to go up. It would be great to see the joint in detail, if possible:)

Thanks!